facebook

[Closed] Web Project Problems

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BrianH

I’m trying to build a simple web service but I keep running into a couple of problems. Hopefully, you can help me with them.

1)I can create the Java classes from the wsdl, but I can’t get them to compile. I’ve tried automatic and manual build settings, but nothing happens. I’ve examined the problems tab, but there are no errors or warnings for the project. Where else should I look for errors? Could it be a bad jar or library in the build path?

2) I tried the Web Services -> Create web service from the context menu, both top down and bottom up. When I do top-down I get this error:
    IWAB0514E Unable to get URL for project P/WebServiceProject
    which has me completely baffled.
    When I do bottom-up I get this error:
    IWAB0514E Unable to get URL for project {0}

I’m completely stuck; so any suggestions would be appreciated immensely.
    Thanks,
    Brian

#251625 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to OT > Soft Dev (This is WTP functionality, it hasn’t been integrated into ME yet)

Brian,
    There is a possibility that WTP and MyEclipse could be conflicting with eachother, are you sure you have MyEclipse installed (Have a MyEclipse menu item) or just WTP? Since this is a WTP question, I wonder if other folks in their forums have run into this and could point you in the right direction much faster.

#251627 Reply

BrianH

Yeah; actually, I’ve got both, I guess. I’ve got the MyEclipse menu and templates, etc. I’ve been working through a book on developing web apps with Axis that uses WTP. Since I can follow the book, I must have WTP installed. I didn’t know they’d conflict. I’ll go look on the soft dev forum and see what I can find there.
    Thanks.
    Brian 😳

#251628 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Brian,
    We should have webservices integrated into our 5.0 release, so you shouldn’t need to have both installed side by side much longer, but naturally you should choose the tool that best fits your needs.

Also MyEclipse 5.0 will be based ontop of WTP 1.5, so it will bring to the table everything WTP 1.5 offers.

#251629 Reply

BrianH

Cool! Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Web Project Problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in