facebook

[Closed] Which script ME5.1 runs when starting WLS8.1?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

skinchu

Hi there

I’m having configuration issues with ME5.1, MySQL 5.0 and WLS8.1. I created a domain server (mydomain) using WLS configuration wizard, and I also created a JDBC connection pool (MyJDBCConPool) and data source (MySQLDS_JNDI) using the same WLS wizard.

I configured WLS 8.1 pointing to my domain server (mydomain) from ME5.1 according to your instructions posted here. I can start, deploy apps and stop the server (mydomain). However, I found some odd behaviors when I start the WLS8.1 from ME5.1. If I start the server (mydomain) from ME, I got error messages saying:
    <21-Jun-2007 4:57:10 o’clock PM EDT> <Error> <JDBC> <BEA-001150> <Connection Pool “MyJDBCConPool” deployment failed with the following error: Cannot load driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.>
    <21-Jun-2007 4:57:11 o’clock PM EDT> <Error> <JDBC> <BEA-001151> <Data Source “MySQLDataSource” deployment failed with the following error: DataSource(MySQLDS_JNDI) can’t be created with non-existent Pool (connection or multi) (MyJDBCConPool).>
    However, if I start the server with the start script, startWeblogic.cmd, from the domain server directory, i.e. c:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydoain, the server works fine without any errors. I’ve added the MySQL JDBC driver to the classpath in startWeblogic.cmd, so when I start from the script, it finds the JDBC driver and it works fine. But when I start the server from ME, I got load driver error. ME should run the same script, startWeblogic.cmd from the configured domain directory. Have I missed something here?

Thanks for any help.
    Stephen

#271952 Reply

Riyad Kalla

<Connection Pool “MyJDBCConPool” deployment failed with the following error: Cannot load driver class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.>

Stephen, MyEclipse launches the WebLogic process directly by calling the Class file that starts the server. What you need to do is go to Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > App Server > WebLogic > WebLogic 8.x > Paths and click “Add” next to “Append to Classpath” box and add your MySQL JDBC Driver JAR there and then restart WebLogic. You should be all set then.

#271963 Reply

skinchu

Hi Riyad

Thanks for your quick help. I re-configured WLS according to your instructions and it works OK now.

Thanks again!
    Stephen

#271967 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very cool, glad it’s working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Which script ME5.1 runs when starting WLS8.1?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in