facebook

Code assist and javadoc

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

javaexpert

Hello

I have no JavaDoc comments for all J2EE classes for instance if I type:
    request.getUserPrincipal() it should show the yellow box with the text:
    Returns a java.security.Principal object containing the name of the current authenticated user. If the user has not been authenticated, the method returns null.

Usually I define libraries in Preferences | Java User Libraries which I attach the source code. For the J2EE classes I have only the JavaDoc from Sun http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/download.html. I have this installed . In appserver\docs\api is the relevant documentation.
    Preferences | MyEclipse | J2EE Project | Library Sets doesn’t allow to add Sourcecode or JavaDoc to the jar Files.
    That’s why I have added the docu to Project | Properties | Java Build Path | Libraries | J2EE Classpath Container ==> javax.servlet.jar ==> javadoc location (.. AppServer/docs/api/) Validate check is OK.
    But this doesn’t work in the editor and the added JavaDoc is not permanently saved in the dialog.

Any help is very appreciated!!

Regards,
    Ralph

#246129 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ralph this is a known bug, we appologize. For the time being, you can work around this by creating your own User Library and using that in your project.

#246148 Reply

javaexpert

@support-rkalla wrote:

Ralph this is a known bug, we appologize. For the time being, you can work around this by creating your own User Library and using that in your project.

I have tried this:
    – create a blank.jar with only a blank directory
    – then created a user lib j2ee Docs (Window | Prefereces ..)
    + added the blank.jar because I have no j2ee source code (and I want to use the libs from MyEclipse)
    + edited for blank.jar the Java Doc location to this which I get from SUN homepage
    – added the user lib j2ee Docs to my project

But this is also not working. Can you please say me, what I make wrong?

Regards,
    Ralph

#246155 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ralph,
    What I meant was to download the J2EE JARs and source code yourself and attch them to your own user library.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Code assist and javadoc

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in