facebook

Code not building same on win7 as xp

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TC

I’m setting up a new development pc. Old one is XP Pro, new one is Win7 Pro 64bit. My project builds in the new environment, but jboss chokes on launching it.

If I get my source from svn into an empty folder and compile it manually with ant, jboss starts correctly. I even found and used the plugin version of ant that myeclipse is using and it works fine manually compiled from the command line.

If I copy over the deploy-exploded folder from my old XP box (which was built using myeclipse), jboss starts correctly. (Same version of jboss, of course, on both machines.)

I tried export the project settings and importing them on win7. Didn’t make a difference.

What could I have different on the 2 dev boxes that would make this difference?? Gotta get this going…

Both machines were installed with the all-in-one installer, iirc.

This is from the win7 box:

*** Date:
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:54:52 PM PDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

*** Eclipse details:

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\tcx\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Users\tcx\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\tcx\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse-8.6\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Users/tcx/AppData/Local/Genuitec/MyEclipse-8.6
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Users/tcx/AppData/Local/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

This is from the xp box:

*** Date:
    Monday, March 14, 2011 3:56:28 PM PDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:

*** Eclipse details:

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 8.5\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 8.5\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 8.5\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/MyEclipse 8.5
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

#315237 Reply

support-joy

eflat,

Thank you for the installation details. Can you give me a brief about your project.
    1. What is the type of project?
    2. How did you configure jboss? What is the version of jboss you have configured? Please attach screenshot of your jboss configuration – Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Servers > jboss
    3. Can you clear your .log files located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach the same here for both XP and WIn 7 systems?
    4. You mention that jboss chokes on launching the project on Win 7 – 64 bit. Can you please elaborate.
    5. Can you please attach screenshots for point 4 to help me get a visual. You can either use [pm] or [post reply] to send the attachments

#315248 Reply

TC

1. j2ee project
    2. irrelevant; I’m starting jboss manually outside myeclipse to eliminate it as an issue. It is directly copied over from the xp system. The code compiled from the xp system works on the win7 system. And code compiled on the win7 system outside of myeclipse (ant from the command line) works.
    3. will persue this later this morning, if necessary
    4. stacktrace thrown; EJB spec violation “The Bean Provider must specify the fully-qualified name of the Java class that implements the enterprise bean’s business methods.” (everything *appears* to be generated by compile)
    5. will complete when I roll into work this morning

#315250 Reply

TC

Fixed. Though may need to think a bit more about why.

Going into External Tools Configuration and looking at the classpath for the build file, there is a tools.jar there coming from the jdk that comes with myeclipse. Our jboss runs with an older jdk so I inserted the tools.jar for that before the one there already. This was apparently done on the xp system but not documented. Would’ve been nice to have that pop out at me somewhere…

If there’s a better way of indicating that this project uses a different jdk, please let me know.

Now onto setting up jboss in the ide…

#315277 Reply

support-joy

eflat,

Good to hear you are all set.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Code not building same on win7 as xp

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in