facebook

command-line access to UML export

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

As I said over in the UML forum today, it would be hugely helpful to us to have some way of exporting images and/or XMI files from UMR files from the command line.

We maintain our system documentation on a web site — in wiki form. We’d like to simply link to our source code repository (where our UMR files are located), and have the wiki render the current version of the UML, much as we do other system documentation (we currently support on-the-fly rendering of Excel, Word, and text documents on the documentation wiki, and of course, javadoc is generated from the repository and posted automatically).

I’d be willing to develop such capability and contribute it, if we could get documentation on the rendering entry point that the document context menu calls.

-J

#262884 Reply

Riyad Kalla

J,
    I don’t know that this is something we would do right away, but in the interm, the UMR files are simply ZIP archives. If you unzip them, contained in them are meta files that make up your UML diagram. I don’t know how serious you are about developing an automated solution, but if that type of thing doesn’t phase you, the information is there to be parsed and rendered.

#262985 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

I don’t know how serious you are about developing an automated solution, but if that type of thing doesn’t phase you, the information is there to be parsed and rendered.

Quite serious, and thanks for the hook. Nicely parsable files you have there; this looks like something we could manage.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: command-line access to UML export

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in