facebook

configure ME database explorer for oracle thin driver

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Rikesh

Hi,

I am using weblogic 8.0 as my app server.
    Database is oracle.
    driver name is : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    host: jdbc:oracle:thin:@172.21.80.17:1521:BBI

class path i added in the driver libraries classes12.zip

when i try to connect to the datbase using my eclipse database explorer it give me

error while trying to login to database :
    null.

Please help.I dunno if the info i have given is enough.

#233383 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

Also please tell us every setting from the driver configuration dialog that you have. (from all the tabs)

#233559 Reply

Rikesh

Driver Configuration:

Name:Oracle Thin Driver
    Example Url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@172.21.80.17:1521:BBI

under java class path tab
    D:/installation/eclipse-sdk3.1M6-win32\eclipse\startup.jar

under driver libraries tab
    D:/ORACLE/ORA92/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip

driver class name : oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Other Information:

Eclipse Platform
    Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: I20050401-1645

Eclipse3.0 was previously installed on my system.I installed eclipse 3.1 w/o deleting the previous version.

External plugins used: checkstyle,jsp formatter.

plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory which are like org.eclipse.pde.* : 12

MyEclipse version : 4.0 milestone 2

java -version: j2sdk1.4.1_02

JDK version to launch your application server : j2sdk1.4.1_02

application server: weblogic 8.0

#233564 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Rikesh,
    There are quite a few issues here that I would like to sort out first.

1) You are running Eclipse 3.1 M6, this is a very old buggy release of Eclipse 3.1
    2) You are running MyEclipse 4.0 Milestone 2, that is intended to *only* work when installed against Eclipse 3.1 Final Release
    3) You are using JDK 1.4.1_02 to run Eclipse and the early 1.4 and 1.4.1 builds were known for bugs.

So before we go any further, I would like you to do the following things:
    0) Download and install JDK 1.5.0_04 from Sun’s site and install it: http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=jdk-1.5.0_04-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg

1) Download Eclipse 3.1 GA from here: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.1-200506271435/index.php
    and unzip it to a new clean location (D:\installation\eclipse-sdk3.1-win32). Then run eclipse.exe and create a new workspace other than the existing one you were using with Eclipse 3.1 M6 (DO NOT use the same old workspace). Now close Eclipse

2) Redownload MyEclipse 4.0 Milestone 2 for Eclipse 3.1 from our site, install it to a new location (D:\installation\myeclipse-4.0M2) and point it at your new install of Eclipse 3.1 when installing it.

3) Create a new shortcut to launch your D:\installation\eclipse-sdk3.1-win32\eclipse.exe file using the following command line arguments:

eclipse.exe -vm <path to JDK 1.5>\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx256m

Where <path to JDK 1.5> is something like: c:\jdk1.5.0_04, or wherever you installed your JDK to.

4) Also adjust your System PATH environment variable to include the \bin directory of your new JDK install, the JSP validator will need this.

5) Now startup your fresh install of MyEclipse and you can begin importing your projects using File > Import into this new workspace.

And now try and setup your thin driver, if it still doesn’t work, that’s fine, atleast now we you have a clean config that we can trouble shoot, where as before I wouldn’t have been able to determine what the problem was.

NOTE: Even though I had you install JDK 1.5 for Eclipse, continue to use the version of JDK that COMES with your app server to run it, in your case for WebLogic 8, I believe you were using JDK 1.4.1_02 that they ship with it, that will be fine to continue using to run that application server.

#233878 Reply

Rikesh

Thanks Riyad,

It worked. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: configure ME database explorer for oracle thin driver

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in