facebook

Conflict between MyEclipse and Hibernate Tools?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m just checking to see if I’m doing something wrong. I’m trying to use the latest version of the Hibernate Tools from http://www.hibernate.org so I can take advantage of the new many-many table mapping feature. When I installed them alongside MyEclipse, I ran into the “Nothing shows up in Hibernate Configurations view” bug that several people have posted about.

When I have MyEclipse installed, no configurations show in this view, but when I uninstall it, they show up again. Is this still a known problem and do you have an expected resolution? I’m using the latest nightly build of the Hibernate Tools and MyEclipse 5.0.1GA.

Thanks,

-Tim

#260938 Reply

Haris Peco

Tim,

Please, can you explain : Hibernate Tools works fine for you when MyEclipse is not installed and doesn’t work when you install MyEclipse.Is it correct ?

What version of Hibernate Tools you use ?

Regards,

#260973 Reply

Yes. Hibernate Tools works fine when I uninstall MyEclipse, fails to work once I install MyEclipse, and resumes working if I uninstall MyEclipse.

This is using the latest official release of Hibernate Tools and also the nightly build from 10/23.

#261154 Reply

Haris Peco

Tim,

We can’t reproduce your case exactly with ME 5.0.1, but is is possible in special cases.
    Please can you do next :

– try it in new workspace ?
    – Have you installed older MyEclipse (maybe MyEclipse 4.1.x) and if yes, is it possible that you have installed ME 5.0.1 in same directory like older MyEclipse?

Sorry for delay

Regards,

#261246 Reply

Haris Peco

Tim,

We have found a problem and it will be fixed in 5.0.3

Regards,

#261580 Reply

shradha

I am having exactly similar problem. any idea when 5.0.3 version is getting released?

Shradha

#261598 Reply

According to a post in the “installation and updates” forum on 11/8, it’s “days” away.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Conflict between MyEclipse and Hibernate Tools?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in