facebook

Connection Profiles not saved

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

My Connection Profiles in DB Browser are never saved when I exit MyEclipse. Tried with ODBC bridge, MySQL and Oracle 9i. I setup a profile, connect, browse the database, disconnect, close ME, restart ME, and the connection profile is gone. Horribly inconvenient!

Anyone else seen+solved this?

ME4.1.1GA, WinXP – please ask for whatever else you need to know!

-Lorenzo

#251266 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Lorenzo,

I’ll agree that is horribly inconvenient, and it isn’t supposed to be that way, of course.
    We haven’t seen this problem being reported at all.

Is it just the profile that disappears or does the driver config disappear as well?

I’m going to ask you to answer all the relevant questions here Posting Guidelines – please pay attention to your error log when you restart eclipse. (Might show errors loged during the previous shut down)

In your workspace folder, there are a couple of files which need to be written – ConnectionProfiles.xml and SQLDrivers.xml. Could you see that they aren’t read only?
    Here is the workspace relative path to those files: .metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer

Best,
    Brian.

#251270 Reply

Hi Brian – and thanks for the help! The Driver Config does stick around – just the Connection Profile disappears. The two xml config files you asked about are not read-only, and they have modified-times that coincide with Startup/Shutdown of ME.

And thanks for pointing me to the posting guidelines – SURE ENOUGH, the error log contains a stacktrace that you’ll probably enjoy. It is pasted below my Config Summary…

Thanks again!
    -Lorenzo

*** Date: Thu Apr 27 11:48:03 PDT 2006

*** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.4.2_09

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 4.1.1 GA
    Build id: 20060309-4.1.1-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: I20050627-1435

Eclipse Platform

Eclipse RCP

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Eclipse Project SDK

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    f18_3c
    -vm
    C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\javaw.exe

———————————

!SESSION 2006-04-27 10:18:53.960 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
    java.version=1.4.2_09
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 2006-04-27 10:29:55.38
    !MESSAGE Error occurred saving profiles
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache$StringEncrypter$EncryptionException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache$StringEncrypter.<init>(DataCache.java:114)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache$StringEncrypter.<init>(DataCache.java:81)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLBeanWriter.processProperty(NewXMLBeanWriter.java:195)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLBeanWriter.createElement(NewXMLBeanWriter.java:133)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLBeanWriter.addToRoot(NewXMLBeanWriter.java:67)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLObjectCache.saveAllForClass(NewXMLObjectCache.java:118)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache.saveProfiles(DataCache.java:253)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache.addProfile(DataCache.java:319)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.ConnectionProfileModel.addProfile(ConnectionProfileModel.java:66)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.wizards.ConnectionProfileWizard.performFinish(ConnectionProfileWizard.java:136)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:676)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:349)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:556)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3080)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2713)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:809)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:787)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.NewConnectionProfileAction.run(NewConnectionProfileAction.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:996)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:538)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3080)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2713)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 2006-04-27 10:30:00.560
    !MESSAGE Error occurred saving profiles
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache$StringEncrypter$EncryptionException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache$StringEncrypter.<init>(DataCache.java:114)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache$StringEncrypter.<init>(DataCache.java:81)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLBeanWriter.processProperty(NewXMLBeanWriter.java:195)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLBeanWriter.createElement(NewXMLBeanWriter.java:133)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLBeanWriter.addToRoot(NewXMLBeanWriter.java:67)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.xml.NewXMLObjectCache.saveAllForClass(NewXMLObjectCache.java:118)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache.saveProfiles(DataCache.java:253)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.DataCache.save(DataCache.java:236)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.core.SQLExplorerPlugin.shutdown(SQLExplorerPlugin.java:229)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.compatibility.PluginActivator.stop(PluginActivator.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1035)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.stop(BundleContextImpl.java:1031)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.stopWorker(BundleHost.java:402)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.stop(AbstractBundle.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.BundleStopper.basicStopBundles(BundleStopper.java:83)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.BundleStopper.stopBundles(BundleStopper.java:73)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseAdaptor.frameworkStopping(EclipseAdaptor.java:757)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.shutdown(Framework.java:528)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle$1.run(SystemBundle.java:171)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

——–
    EOF

#251271 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Lorenzo,

Well, that certainly gives us a clue where it’s breaking down, but I have no idea why
    Are you using a standard Sun JDK? Have you installed any other Java libraries or extensions? Is it possible for you to try running eclipse with a different JDK (maybe 1.5, just to see if the problem goes away, you can still compile your code with 1.4 inside eclipse).

I’ll file an internal issue based on your response, in the meanwhile, could you make sure “Save password” in the profile wizard is not checked? That should prevent the encryption routines from being called at all, the drawback of course is that you will have to enter your password each time you need to establish a connection.

Let us know how it turns out.

Best,
    Brian.

#251290 Reply

Well, JDK 1.5.0_06 doesn’t seem to change anything. But inputting the password everytime is no sweat – especially compared to inputting the whole profile everytime!

Thanks again Brian,
    Lorenzo

#251407 Reply

I had a similar issue. if java.security is changed then you may see the error. I fixed by security file and issue no longer exists.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Connection Profiles not saved

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in