facebook

Connection Settings!

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

cecil143

Hi Brian,

Please could you help me in this.
    I established the Connection and all my Schemas got displayed.

In the SQL Editor, I’m able to see the Table.
    Similarly I tried the same in the Package Explorer, Trying to expand one of the Table, but to my surprise, I’m not finding any table/synonym in that.

My Eclipse Version is 3.0.1

Thanks once again..
    Cecil.C.

#231018 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Cecil,

What version of MyEclipse are you using?

Also, it is not possible to view expanded Schemas and Tables in the Package Explorer, they are only visible in the DB Explorer view. Therefore, I cannot understand what you were trying to Expand in the Package Explorer view, I doubt it was a table.

Perhaps if you explain exactly what you would like to do, I might be able to provide better assistance.

Brian.

#231019 Reply

cecil143

Brian,

I’m using Eclipse Version 3.0.1 (GuidePost 1.2).
    Yes.. as you said. I’m sorry I interchanged with Package Browser.
    I had a view in the DB Browser. I established the connection. The connection is set, and detailed list of Schemas are available to me. This is fine.

Now In the Schema list, I wish to expand the Table where I want to view all the Table Name. And later the Table Structure. But this is not happening. It just gives an empty brace.

Any setting change should I need to make?? Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
    Cecil.C.

#231021 Reply

cecil143

Brian,

I shall give with an Example :

– TSTSWB3 (Name)
    – Connected to TSTSWB3
    – CECILTEST
    +SYNONYM
    + TABLE
    + PROCEDURE
    This is fine uptil this Brian.
    But after this…. What happens is when I click the (+) Sign….

– TSTSWB3 (Name)
    – Connected to TSTSWB3
    – CECILTEST
    SYNONYM (It becomes empty showing me nothing)
    + TABLE
    + PROCEDURE

Requesting your help….

Thanks,
    Cecil.C.

#231022 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Cecil,

Firstly – Eclipse and MyEclipse are two different things 🙂 . You’ve given me your Eclipse version. Our product is MyEclipseIDE, so to provide support we need to know that version as well.
    You will find this here. Help > About Eclipse Platform. Then click the MyEclipse icon, and tell me the build ID of any of the Features in that list (they will all be the same)

Your illustration is helpful, You should be able to see all your tables under the TABLE node, not SYNONYM or PROCEDURE. So press the [+] next to TABLE and see if that works for you. Stupid question, but I have to ask – are you sure your schema has tables?

I assume from your other post that you’re using Oracle, which version are you using?

Brian.

#231024 Reply

cecil143

Brian,

I’m extremely Sorry for the confusion…. Its MyEclipse with Version 3.8.4.
    Yes the Schemas has tables for sure. Because i’m using the TOAD and in that on click of the Synonym I have the Table Details. The Same is not here..

Thanks in advance,
    Cecil.C.

#231081 Reply

cecil143

Brian,

Oracle 8i…. I’m using this.

I was expecting your reply….. If you are not able to get the question… Please let me know.. I shall refrace the sentence.

Thanks,
    Cecil.C.

#231082 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Cecil,

Sorry for the delay, the forum did not notify me of your reply or I must have missed it.

What happens when you click the [+] next to TABLE? does it expand to anything.

Also, can you give me the exact details of the driver you are using? I’m not sure how TOAD works – but are you using the same driver for TOAD?

Brian.

#231083 Reply

cecil143

Brian,

Thanks for the response… Nope.. I’m not getting the expanded view.
    Since Table View is empty for some of the Schemas. I select the SYNONYM( I mean when given “select * from acc_account” from SQL-Editor.. I get the Table Details)

I use a SCHEMA called SSADMIN. and the Driver Details are as follows :

1.ORACLE THIN DRIVER
    2.jdbc:oracle:thin:@gemsora15d.med.ge.com:1521:tstswb3

Thanks,
    Cecil.C.

#231084 Reply

cecil143

Brian,

I have a doubt.. Is it something.. that when we click the SYNONYM the Table Strcture should not be displayed?

Thanks,
    Cecil.C.

#231086 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Cecil,

Are you seeing the Table details for any of the other schemas? Please note that by table details I mean the columns, and not the actual data in the table.

Have you created SYNONYMS for tables in the SSADMIN schema? Or are they SYNONYMS created for tables in another schema? (I’m not sure if this is possible, but I guess it is)

Can you check the log for any errors and exceptions during expanding a TABLE? You will find the “.log” file in the .metadata folder in your workspace directory. You can close eclipse, delete the .log file, and then restart eclipse and try to see the details, the .log file will have only relevant exceptions.

Are you using the most recent driver for Oracle JDBC?

Brian.

#231088 Reply

cecil143

Hi Brian,

Thanks…. I have got a TABLE view successfully in the DB Browser when changing the Schema.
    But Is there a restriction that when we try opening the SYNONYM that nothing should be displayed??

Please Clarify on the same…

Thanks,
    Cecil.C.

#231090 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Cecil,

Most likely the schema you are looking at has only SYNONYMs and no TABLEs (since you see some details in TOAD for Synonyms).

SYNONYMs are Oracle specific and AFAIK they don’t exist in other Databases; I will look up support for this and let you know in a day whether this is a bug or we just don’t support this.

Brian.

#231094 Reply

cecil143

Hi Brian,

Yes.. What you said is absolutely right!!! I also checked the same and Most of the schemas doesnot have the tables. Only synonyms are available.

Special Thanks for the support…

Thanks,
    Cecil.C.

#231633 Reply

ganesh

@Support-Brian wrote:

Cecil,

Most likely the schema you are looking at has only SYNONYMs and no TABLEs (since you see some details in TOAD for Synonyms).

SYNONYMs are Oracle specific and AFAIK they don’t exist in other Databases; I will look up support for this and let you know in a day whether this is a bug or we just don’t support this.

Brian.

Brian,

Does MyEclipse support SYNONYMs? I do not details of the SYNONYM in DB Browser view. All I see is name of the SYNONYM.

I am creating hibernate mappings using synonym but .hbm.xml is created without any column details.

Please let me know if SYNONYMs are supported.

Thanks,

– Ganesh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Connection Settings!

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in