facebook

Copy (ctrl+c) and Paste doesnt work properly in JSP editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

llkkii

copy and paste using control+c and control+v in the jsp editor doesn’t work properly, sometimes it doesn’t copy at all and sometimes when i hit control+v it pastes the name of the jsp I copied from.

#197279 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I tried several scenarios but was unable to reproduce any problems. What platform, Eclipse version and build id, and MyEclipse version are you running?

Can you document a series of steps that always produces the problem?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197309 Reply

llkkii

It would appear that the problem occurs when the file you are copying from is read only.

#197312 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

On Windows 2000 I set one of my JSP’s as read-only then launched MyEclipse. As expected, the JSP editor did not allow me to edit or save the read-only file. However, copying text from that JSP to another worked as expected. So, I’m still unable to replicate this behavior. Please answer the questions from my previous post so that we can investigate further.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197362 Reply

llkkii

I am running windowsNT
    with eclipse
    Version: 2.1.0
    Build id: 200303272130
    and myeclipse 2.5.1

In general the copy and paste seems buggy, I tried cutting a selection of text from a readable jsp page, and it didn’t dissapear as expected.

if anyone else is having problems with copy and paste please post here to show i’m not going mad!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Copy (ctrl+c) and Paste doesnt work properly in JSP editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in