facebook

Couple Hibernate issues

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cherngje

MyEclipse Version: 4.1.1 GA

Hibernate Version: 3.1.X (The latest)

Our development team has little trouble with using MyEclipse and latest version of Hibernate. First, it seems like MyEclipse’s hibernate library is not current enough to support sessionfactory’s getCurrentSession(). For this one, we can solve the problem by import the latest Hibernate library from hibernate team, so not a major issue but just to let you guys know.

Second, from what I understand, MyEclipse’s hibernate tool does not support one to one and many to many relationship. Many to many may be really hard to implement, however there is work around on the database side by creating three tables where middle bridge table (with composite key) has one-to-many relationships to two end tables. But still, I believe MyEclipse really should support one-to-one relationship (for example, if one table’s PK is also references to another table’s PK, and no composite key is involved. This is the easiest one-to-one relationship and should be supported).

Last but the most important one, we would like to have support on Hibernate’s XML features (export and import). I am not talking about XML mapping or config files, but try to import XML data or generate XML document by accessing hibernate. As far as I know, these features can be added by changing hibernate’s auto generated xml mapping files. But we would like to be able to config these features inside the hibernate wizard instead of going through each xml mapping file and modify it (unless it is already been supported or there is workaround we are not aware of it).

Thanks a lot,

Jeff

#253928 Reply

Haris Peco

Jeff,

MyEclipse use hibernate 3.0.5 (for now) and there is sessionFactory’s getCurrentSession in this version.I don’t sure what is your problem.We will add newer version hibrenate soon.

We have discussed about many-to-many (and potential one-to-many) and we will support this in future releases, probably.

I don’t sure for xml export/import, but it’s possible that we will add this feature, too

Thanks for your feedback

#253937 Reply

cherngje

Just for your reference, here is the link to Hibernate’s XML features.

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en/html_single/

please check chapter 18.1. Working with XML data and 18.2. XML mapping metadata.

Thanks a lot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Couple Hibernate issues

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in