facebook

creating a launcher on port 8080

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

isaacpeel

I’ve created a weblogic 8 launcher by going to Preferences->MyEclipse->Application Servers->WebLogic8->Launch->Create Launcher

Even though I’ve set the Hostname:port to localhost:8080 the launcher gets created as localhost pointing to port 80 by default. Does anyone know how I can alter this launcher. The UI doesn’t give the option and I can’t find the config file on my file system anywhere.

#268811 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Well when the launcher is created it will be listed under your normal Run and Debug menus (from the tool bar). So click Debug for example, go down to Debug As… and get the whole list of launch configuration to come up, from there you should see the launch configuration and can set it to whatever you want. Every argument used for the launch of the app server is exposed to you there.

#268942 Reply

isaacpeel

I don’t actually see any options under Debug As…
    I’ve gone into Debug … and tried to alter the configuration there but under the Server tab the host option is hard coded. I’m not sure what you’re asking me to do.

#268960 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I did this on my end and see what you mean, I don’t see the host/port listed anywhere in the startup arguments, which makes me think it’s inside one of th weblogic server configuration files (like Tomcat).

When you said in your original post “I’ve set the Hostname:port to localhost:8080”, where did you do that?

#268979 Reply

isaacpeel

When you said in your original post “I’ve set the Hostname:port to localhost:8080”, where did you do that?

Preferences->MyEclipse->Application Servers->WebLogic 8

I filled out all the info for my server namely localhost:8080. I then went to Preferences->MyEclipse->Application Servers->WebLogic 8->Launch and clicked the Create Launch Configuration button. When the launcher is created it’s set to localhost defaulting to port 80.

#268981 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the confusion, I was using WL 9 to test this out with and forgot this field used to exist with WL8.

This looks to be a bug, I’ll file it and see what the devs have to say.

Out of curiosity, why do you need to create a custom launch config? Is the connector not working for you?

#268982 Reply

isaacpeel

I have to create the custom launch config because I need to work on different branches of the same application. I’d like to make a new launcher config for each branch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: creating a launcher on port 8080

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in