facebook

Creating ER Diagram Error

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

onewaydsp

I get the following error when I try to create an ER diagram. I am using Eclipse professional on Windows XP Build id:20050829-4.0.0-GA; could someone please help

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.draw2d.geometry.Dimension
    at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.FreeformGraphicalRootEditPart.refreshGridLayer(FreeformGraphicalRootEditPart.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.FreeformGraphicalRootEditPart$1.propertyChange(FreeformGraphicalRootEditPart.java:108)
    at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
    at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.AbstractEditPartViewer.setProperty(AbstractEditPartViewer.java:687)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.erdesigner.ERDesignerEditor.loadProperties(ERDesignerEditor.java:217)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.erdesigner.ERDesignerEditor.configureGraphicalViewer(ERDesignerEditor.java:182)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.erdesigner.ERDesignerEditor.createGraphicalViewer(ERDesignerEditor.java:151)
    at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor.createPartControl(GraphicalEditor.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:365)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:214)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2325)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2258)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$9(WorkbenchPage.java:2250)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2236)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2231)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2204)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.CreateERD$1.run(CreateERD.java:155)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3057)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2716)

#238407 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Right off, this seems like a configuration / installation issue.

Could you please answer all the questions in Posting Guidelines? That’ll help us resolve the issue asap.

Best,
    Brian.

#238417 Reply

onewaydsp

What operating system and version are you running? windows xp
    What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform) Version: 3.1.0 Build id: I20050627-1435
    – Milestone releases of Eclipse 3.1 are *not* compatible with MyEclipse 4.0 using 3.1 latest release
    – Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? yes
    – If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    – Are any other external plugins installed? yes
    – How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.* ? 4
    What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features) 4.0.0GA build:200508294.0.0GA
    What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version) 1.5
    What JDK version are you using to launch your application server? 1.4.2_09
    What steps did you take that resulted in the issue? open db explorer to mssql database, tried to create ER diagram
    What application server are you using? tomcat 5
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? listed above

#238418 Reply

Brian Fernandes

– Are any other external plugins installed? yes

Are you installing another version of the GEF plugin by any chance? Maybe as part of these other plugins?

A few things that will help us isolate the issue:
    1) Try creating a new dummy project and create the ERD in that
    2) Try creating an ERD for other Schemas. Does it fail only for this one or for all?
    3) Check Help > About Ecipse SDK > Feature Details. Find the row containing “Graphical Editing Framework” and select it. What build ID do you see in the area below?
    4) If you can, install ME and Eclipse to new locations and do not install any other external plugins, does it work for you now?

Best,
    Brian

#239838 Reply

dimlark

I am getting this same issue. It started immediately after installing the Eclipse Visual Editor, the WST related items. Which do include GEF.
    Per the instructions above, I am now running GEF v3.1.1.
    It was working perfectly before this. Is it a matter of the version GEF?

Eclipse 3.1.1
    MyEclipse 20051010-4.0.2-GA

Thanks
    Thom

#239871 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thom & Original poster, yes this is exactly the problem, you have a separate install of GEF where as MyEclipse requires a specific version of it. I would suggest installing MyEclipse and Eclipse fresh, then install VE and run it, I believe we ship all of VE’s requirements already (GEF, EMF, etc).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Creating ER Diagram Error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in