facebook

Creating Hibernate Mapping… can’t choose src folder

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have a MyEclipse web project that has Struts and Spring capabilities added. It is the only project open in Eclipse. When I run the Create Hibernate Mapping there are no src folders to select so I can’t finish the wizard. Can someone give me a hand?
    Thanks!
    Jim

#254221 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jim,
    If you open your project properties, go to Java build path, then Source tab, do you have any source folders listed? If you do, please go to your MyEclipse menu, click it, then click About MyEclipse then “configuration summary” and paste the result here for us.

#254230 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jim,

Also note that you can only reverse engineer to Hibernate projects. If you have only Spring and Struts capabilities, the RE wizard will not list that project out as an option. Once you add Hibernate capabilites to that project, you should be fine.

Best,
    Brian.

#254237 Reply

The problem was that I had not added Hibernate capabilities to the project. I was confused because the “Generate Hibernate Mapping” option was enabled in the DB explorer. I assumed it would not be enabled unless mapping could be generated for the project. Thanks for the help!
    Jim

#254248 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jim,

Glad it’s working. I understand your point about “Generate Hibernate Mapping” being visible and thus confusing, we’ll take it up internally and see if we can do something more intuitive there.

Thanks for reporting back,
    Brian.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Creating Hibernate Mapping… can’t choose src folder

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in