facebook

Creating Java code from UML 1 in myEclipse 7.5

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John Hebley

Has this been resolved? I am getting similar problems with 7.5, specifically if I delete or change the name of a class for which some Java code has previously been created. It seems like some link is being retained even though the class is deleted or changed on the model. I am using the delete function on the drop down menu. I am still using UML1 since UML2 has even more problems.

I also see that if I create a class attribute of type string, rather than String, the I see the option to create code for a string class. If I fix the mistake I still see the String class in the list to be created.

John

#301730 Reply

support-joy

John,

The issue is not clear from your post. Can you please explain in detail?
    Are you getting any error when you delete java class from UML model?
    Are you getting error when you delete a java class from the project?
    Can you please list out the steps to reproduce?
    Also, send me sample project to test, you can either PM the zip file or send an e-mail to support@genuitec.com. Please mention “Attn: Joy” in the subject line. Also refer the post url in the e-mail.

#301790 Reply

John Hebley

Joy, sorry for the delay but I have been trying to reduce the problem to a simple series of steps that can be reproduced but find that I cannot. There are too many “other” problems getting in the way.

Firstly, if I create two classes (One and Two) and a simple relationship (unnamed) between them, and then try to generate Java I get an error, “Types with problem”. I deduced that this is because the default relationship is bidirectionally navigable, so a referential attribute is required. The code generator will assume the relationship name, and will complain if it’s not there. However, if I say YES to continue, I return to the same class selection dialog, so there is no way out other than to quit.

Then I started deleting and replacing classes. First thing is that I noticed that the relationship named “Makes” that automatically deleted when I deleted one of the classes is really still there. If I create another class (Three) and create a relationship to One named alsoMakes, then generate the code, the original Makes still appears as a local variable along with alsoMakes.

Then I try to delete the Java classes. Two get deleted OK, but the third is still there. No error message, just Class1.java is still in the list.

I wish I could give you a specific set of actions that are totally reproducible, but as you see, there are so many problems. I am sending you the project by email, along with the error log. My configuration is 7.5 straight out of the box on Windows XP.

John

#301825 Reply

support-joy

John,

I got e-mail with zip file and log file. I’ll reply to the ticket after further investigation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Creating Java code from UML 1 in myEclipse 7.5

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in