facebook

Custom widget replaced with InvalidComponent after regen

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tjsaus

I am running myEclipse 5.1, and have a problem when using the matisse visual editor to update and already existing form. One of the components on the form is a custom widget and when I save edits to the form a build error is generated indicating that new org.netbeans.modules.form.InvalidComponent(); could not be found. This component has been inserted to replace the original JComboBox extension this is my custom widget. There are some other symptoms:
    When the form is originallly displayed a red box with “invalid” is displayed inplace of my custom widget. Also when I attempt to drag this custom widget from the palette I immediately get the following message message:

“Cannot load component class com.excellus.product.view.widget.CodesetComboBox from project: D:\Documents and Settings\tsausner\My Documents\IBM\wsappdevie51\workspace\ProductXmlEditor.
    The class must be compiled and must be on the classpath of the project this form belongs to.”

There are no errors displayed in the log. The application builds and executes fine(displaying the custom widget) until I attempt to modify something thereby causing a regen event.
    So there is obviously some sort of classpath issue here that M4ME is experiencing that the wider application is not having. I have attempted to modify the project classpath to several different configurations but have had no luck in getting M4ME to find this class on the classpath. BTW, the .class file is in the bin directory as expected.

thanks in advance,

– Tom

#264784 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tom,
    Can you create a small sample project that compiles completely without errors that exhibits this problem that you could send me for testing?

support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad with a link to this thread for reference.

#286987 Reply

AndyM

Hello Everyone,

I realize it’s been a while since this topic was posted, but I’m having similar issues with NetBeans 6.1 and wanted to know if it got resolved. I’m facing the exact same problems as tjsaus. Here’s some details about the IDE –

Product Version = NetBeans IDE 6.1 (Build 200805300101)
    Operating System = Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86
    Java; VM; Vendor = 1.6.0_07; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 10.0-b23; Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.6.0_07-b06
    Java Home = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\jre

Oh and did I mention I’m a complete newbie with this. I could post the log file or any other details if necessary. I’d really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance,
    AndyM

#287090 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Andy,
    You probably want to post to the NetBeans support forums, these forums are actually for the MyEclipse IDE and off hand I don’t know what might be going on with your NB setup; sorry.

#287217 Reply

AndyM

rkalla –

Thank you for your response. I do realize this forum is only for the MyEclipse IDE, but the problem reported is very similar to what I’m facing, though with a different IDE. I’m only wondering if there’s something basic I’m missing here since I’m just getting started with Java. If the issue did get resolved, I’d really appreciate it if someone could post the solution.

Thanks,
    AndyM

#289880 Reply

This happens because you import a pojo in your pallete from a jar file or a project, and you broke the reference, or in my case, forgot to recompile the pojo.

The missing recompilation happened because I’m developing Swing applications with MyEclipse as a main IDE and Netbeans as a Matisse editor.

I tried hardly to adopt MyEclipse port, but I still find it buggy and error-prone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Custom widget replaced with InvalidComponent after regen

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in