facebook

Customize Perspective [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

efender

Is is possible to enable more customization of the MyEclipse perspective? Personally, I hate it that all of the jars I’ve configured in my Java Build Path show up in the Navigator tree.
    Example:

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
    Thanks.

#198630 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Good question. You can restrict what’s visible in the package explorer view using the filters option. You can access it by clicking on the little downward pointing triangle at the top of the view and then selecting ‘Filters…’. Then, uncheck the ‘Referenced Libraries’ setting. That should give you what you want.

–Scott
    MyElcipse Support

#198664 Reply

efender

That didn’t do it.

#198668 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

As a next step you can use the ‘Name’ filter by checking the ‘Name filter patterns’ checkbox and entering *.jar into the text box. This will remove all jar files from the view.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#198711 Reply

efender

That’s really not what I’m looking for as it hides them inside my lib directory as well. I guess it will have to do, though.

#198728 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Sorry about that. The functionality you’re looking at is really part of Eclipse itself. We’ve done nothing to augment or restrict it. If you’d like to suggest a change to it, the proper avenue is to file an enhancement request with the Eclipse team through their Bugzilla database and explain the features you’d like to see.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Customize Perspective [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in