facebook

DB Browser

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kevin_L

Hi,

I am using MyEclipse 3.8.2 with Eclipse 3.0 on WinXP. Do you know why I can use Edit table data to modify the data of the table? I was using that feature for another database. It was working. Now it doesn’t seem to work for the new mySQL database.

K~

#219583 Reply

Kevin_L

I meant.. Why I cannot use Edit table data feature ( I know it is experimental feature ) But it was working for another database from MySQL 4.0. But the new database that I can modified is on MySQL 4.1 Is it because the type of drive that I am using? BTW, I cannot choose the type of driver when I use (FIND DRIVER ) to add new driver. I am using the latest MySQL connector driver 3.0

Is it because MySQL 4.1 has stronger security? Well. I can use Aqua Data studio to modify the same database. SO i know that nothing is wrong with my database or privileges. The user account that I am using to connect has full rights to modify the database.

K~

#219584 Reply

Kevin_L

oops.. I meant.. the new database I CANNOT modified is on MySQL 4.1

#219590 Reply

support-jeff

Kevin –

Is the driver you are using for MySQL 4.1 a JDBC3 driver? The Direct Edit feature is using RowSets which come with JDBC3. Please check your eclipse error logs and see if anything is showing up, post it here. Also please post the versions of the drivers used.

#219636 Reply

Kevin_L

Jeff,

My mistakes…..I can edit the table but I cannot add the new row….I guess that feature is not ready yet…

K~

#219665 Reply

support-jeff

Ah, very different matter. Yes, adding a new row is not yet supported. I think there is an enhancement request in already on this, but if not, I will add one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: DB Browser

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in