facebook

DB Explorer

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

PeteTh

Not sure if this is a bug with the DB Explorer tree, I can connect to a SQL Server instance (using system admin ‘sa’), which has a table named MTSD._SMDBA_._TELMASTE_ and although I can select from the tables in SQL Editor using:-

select * from MTSD._SMDBA_._TELMASTE_ ;

The table or user _SMDBA_ is not shown in the tree view at all.

Any thoughts ? maybe it’s because of the _ ?

MyEclipse version 5.5 M1

#267348 Reply

Haris Peco

PeteTh,

Could you answer what is your database version and jdbc version and type (Microsoft or jtds) ?

I have tried your case with SQL Server 2005 and it works, but you have to create schema ‘_SMDBA_’.

SQL Server change concepts schemas and users and it is important what is your database version for more help ?

You could check if you have schema filter (2 page of profile wizard), of course.

Regards,

#267376 Reply

PeteTh

thanks for your reply.

– SQL Server 2000 is the version.

– I have checked I have no Schema Filters (in the Database Profile)

– I am using the jtds-1.2.jar driver , but I did also try the Microsoft SQL Server driver, but got a more severe exception in the Eclipse .log :-

MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.core.SQLExplorerPlugin.getMySQLMessage(SQLExplorerPlugin.java:668)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.OpenPasswordConnectDialogAction.openErrorAlert (OpenPasswordConnectDialogAction.java:137)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.OpenPasswordConnectDialogAction.perfomLoginAndRetrieval(OpenPasswordConnectDialogAction.java:130)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.OpenPasswordConnectDialogAction.run (OpenPasswordConnectDialogAction.java:75)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.NewConnection.run(NewConnection.java:70)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection (ActionContributionItem.java:539)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java :400)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java :95)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start (EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework (Main.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952

#267424 Reply

Haris Peco

jtds driver use next query for user/schema listing in MS SQL

SELECT name AS TABLE_SCHEM, NULL as TABLE_CATALOG FROM dbo.sysusers

Is your username in this listing ?

I’m not sure what is reason that Microsoft jdbc driver return exception (I have not access to MS SQL 2000 version, currently).
    Have you tried latest version for MS jdbc driver (1.1.1501.101 from 02/02/2007) ?

Regards,

#267431 Reply

PeteTh

after running
    SELECT name AS TABLE_SCHEM, NULL as TABLE_CATALOG FROM dbo.sysusers

I cannot see _SMDBA_ (if that’s what you meant) from

MTSD._SMDBA_._TELMASTE_ full tablename

nor can I see the ‘sa’ user that I’m logged into DB Explorer connection with.

#267449 Reply

Haris Peco

You should see all schemas (users) from DB Explorer tree.Is it correct ?

If yes, it is how jtds see schemas/users.

Regards,

#268090 Reply

PeteTh

I found that if my db connection URL specifies the dbname then it is fine, and I can see the tables listed under the tree.

However if my db connection URL specifies no particular database (I thought this would be more flexible) then I can not see the above mentioned tables.

Regardless of how I log in I can see all the Databases, it is just the tables underneath they vary dependant on how I have connected.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: DB Explorer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in