facebook

DB Explorer and Oracle10g

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

sgenriquez

Does MyEclipse supports Oracle10g? If so, when I execute an open database connection I keep getting the error ‘ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID give in connect descriptor.’ Is this an Oracle or MyEclipse problem?

#227076 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#227124 Reply

thurin

fwiw: Using M4 with 3.8.4 hooked up to 10g (10.1.0.4) using the 10g JDBC thin driver with no problems.

#252277 Reply

@sgenriquez wrote:

Does MyEclipse supports Oracle10g? If so, when I execute an open database connection I keep getting the error ‘ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID give in connect descriptor.’ Is this an Oracle or MyEclipse problem?

#252287 Reply

Haris Peco

sgenriquez ,

This error mean that your URL specification isn’t good – you specified bad url or your administrator didn’t set correct network – what is SID for your database (for example if you use
    Oracle 10g express SID is XE, but if you use other oracle version then you set SID when install database)
    Please, send us URL specification and jdbc driver informations (what jdbc jar you use)

Best

#252599 Reply

sir
    i want to do hibernate and ejb programs on the myeclipse ide, is it support oracle 8i and j2sdk 1.4.1

#252600 Reply

@support-snpe wrote:

sgenriquez ,

This error mean that your URL specification isn’t good – you specified bad url or your administrator didn’t set correct network – what is SID for your database (for example if you use
    Oracle 10g express SID is XE, but if you use other oracle version then you set SID when install database)
    Please, send us URL specification and jdbc driver informations (what jdbc jar you use)

Best

i am using “oracle:jdbc:thin:@localhost:1521:XE”,”system”,”manager” as URL and i am using ojdbc14.jar and ojdbc14_g.jar

#252608 Reply

Haris Peco

Your URL is good – Have you started oracle XE on same machine where you execute eclipse/MyEclipse

You can work with oracle 8i, but what is reason that you use jdk 1.4.1 (i suppose that it will work, but it’s better that we use 1.4.2)

Best

#252661 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Aparna,

i am using “oracle:jdbc:thin:@localhost:1521:XE”,”system”,”manager” as URL and i am using ojdbc14.jar and ojdbc14_g.jar

The string you specified is correct for an Express Edition (XE) install. If you are using Oracle 8i, this string is incorrect (you will have to change “XE” to something else), please contact your DBA for the correct string – this is why you see the TNS:listener error you mentioned initially. It isn’t a problem with either Oracle or MyEclipse, you just need to get the correct connect string.

Also, use only ojdbc14.jar, and remove ojdbc14_g.jar; the latter is the debug version of the former and not necessary in MyEclipse.

Best,
    Brian.

#252663 Reply

thank you for ur reply sir

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: DB Explorer and Oracle10g

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in