facebook

DB Explorer and SQL Editor bugs

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tt

Hi,

i have a problem with the current myeclipse (4.1) and postgresql (8.1.2 + current driver). Before the last update from 4.0 to 4.1 i had no problems with the db explorer and update queries from the sql editor.

Now: it stopped listing the columns in the tables in the db explorer, unless i hit refresh; and update queries will no longer return the number of modified rows.

The last bug leaves a stracktrace in the error log:

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 2006-02-07 08:53:53.954
    !MESSAGE Error displaying data
    !STACK 0
    org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Die Anweisung wurde geschlossen. [Statement closed]
    at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.checkClosed(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2390)
    at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.getUpdateCount(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:473)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.views.SqlExecProgress$2.run(SqlExecProgress.java:228)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:2932)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2715)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:303)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:447)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.ExecSQLAction.run(ExecSQLAction.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:996)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:538)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:441)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1380)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1404)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1389)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1237)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3060)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2712)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

The query runs fine though, it just can’t get the number of updated rows.

I did not test the milestones between 4.0 and 4.1.

#246206 Reply

Brian Fernandes

tt,

Thank you for providing details upfront.

I’d like to clarify my understanding of your bug reports.

1) Stopped listing columns in the table.
    You connect to your database, drill down to the table node and then press the [+] sign to expand and see the columns. This does not show you any columns until you Refresh the table node?
    Or does that work but columns which are created / dropped from your database through statements in the sql editor are not reflected until a Refresh?

2) Update query no longer shows number of modified rows.
    a) Do you have only the update query in the editor, or do you have other queries as well. Do you get the count for other types of queries?
    b) I presume you are referring to the message at the bottom of the SQL editor (Time elspased: 30ms updated rowcount x). What message do you see instead?

Thank you for your report,
    Best,
    Brian.

#246207 Reply

Haris Peco

I verify it and you are correct
    update error in pgsql throw exception and it isn’t postgresql specific

this is bug and we fix it

#246208 Reply

tt

@Support-Brian wrote:

1) Stopped listing columns in the table.
    You connect to your database, drill down to the table node and then press the [+] sign to expand and see the columns. This does not show you any columns until you Refresh the table node?

Exactly that.

@Support-Brian wrote:

2) Update query no longer shows number of modified rows.
    a) Do you have only the update query in the editor, or do you have other queries as well. Do you get the count for other types of queries?
    b) I presume you are referring to the message at the bottom of the SQL editor (Time elspased: 30ms updated rowcount x). What message do you see instead?

a) The update query stands alone. I can write several separated with “;”, and they all run, but the number of modified rows is not shown. Delete queries the same. Select queries show the elapsed time and i get the result in the SQL Results pane.

b) Yes, the message at the bottom of the SQL Editor. It shows the message of the exception: “Die Anweisung wurde geschlossen.” Which translates roughly as “Statement closed”.

Thank you for the quick reply.

#246294 Reply

Brian Fernandes

tt,

This is a regressional issue which has been around since early 4.1 milestones. We’re sorry you had to run into it now.
    We’ve filed an issue report interally and will be fixing this in the 4.1.1 release.

4.1.1 is due late February.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience,
    Brian.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: DB Explorer and SQL Editor bugs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in