facebook

DB Explorer problem? Eclipse 3.1, MyEclipse 4.0M2, WinXP

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chris Bacon

I’ve just installed Java 1.5, Eclipse 3.1, and MyEclipse 4.0 M2 on my Windows XP / SP2 machine. The first time I tried to go into the DB Explorer Perspective I received an error message saying several Genuinetec modules didn’t load (or couldn’t be found). Unfortunately I didn’t copy down the message. Now when I go into the DB Explorer Perspective I don’t get the error message and I just get a blank window. The toolbar is there, but nothing else.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chris

#234053 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Chris what is your Eclipse Build ID (Help > About), and MyEclipse Build ID (Window > Prefs > MyEclipse).

Also open your log file and check for exceptions during startup: <workspace dir>\.metadata\.log

#234091 Reply

Chris Bacon

Eclipse Build id: I20050627-1435
    MyEclipse Build ID: 20050627-4.0-Milestone-2

I copied my workspace projects from my previous Eclipse 3.0 environment.
    The .log’s most recent entry is from Sun 7/31, even though I used Eclipse Mon and Tue. It contains a set of messages for each project like this:
    !MESSAGE Skipping builder <see list below> for project <project name>. Either the builder is missing from the install, or it belongs to a project nature that is missing or disabled.

com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.WebClasspathBuilder
    com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProjectValidator
    com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.DeploymentDescriptorValidator
    com.ibm.etools.validation.validationbuilder
    com.ibm.sse.model.structuredbuilder
    com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder

I think these are all related to Eclipse 3.0. They are not related to the error messages I received when I first tried to use DB Explorer.

At the end of the .log, it show the end of one session followed by an error message. There is nothing more in the log.

!SESSION 2005-07-31 14:52:29.281 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
    java.version=1.5.0_04
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.validation 4 0 2005-07-31 14:54:47.00
    !MESSAGE
    *** ERROR ***: Sun Jul 31 14:54:46 PDT 2005 java.lang.StackOverflowError

#234092 Reply

Riyad Kalla

First let’s rule out a problomatic workspace.

Load up MyEclipse, go to File > Switch Workspace, type in a new name like C:\tempworkspace, hit OK. Now switch to the DB Perspective, did it work? If not, please write down the error message, double check the new log file (in the new workspace) for any messages.

If that did not work I’m goign to ask that you reinstall Eclipse 3.1 SDK and MyEclispe 4.0 Milestone 2 for Eclipse 3.1 from scratch, there is something wonky going on here.

If it did work, then try and start importing your projects (File > Import Existing Project), after you are done importing, restart and try the DB explorer again, did it still work?

#234102 Reply

Riyad Kalla

One of our devs just mentioned to me to clarify are you seeing a blank screen like a graphical error or exception has occured, or are you seeing a blank screen because none of the views are opened? If you switch to the DB perspective and then go to Window > Show View and start clicking those views, are they popping up correctly?

#234104 Reply

Chris Bacon

The problem was that I had just copied my workspace folder from my Eclipse 3.0 environment to Eclipse 3.1 rather than importing projects.

The “blank” screen was because there were no views open.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: DB Explorer problem? Eclipse 3.1, MyEclipse 4.0M2, WinXP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in