facebook

DB field comments – how to extract them

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

boskovuk

We are using MyEclipse Database Explorer to connect to our Oracle database.

JDeveloper has a neat functionality that gives users ability to see individual fields’ comments.

I tried to look into existing MyEclipse Database Explorer functionality and look for possible ways to extract this data (field comments) from the database. No luck.

What is the coorect info, is this functionality present in the current MyEclipse version?

thanks …

#240539 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This functionality isn’t currently available, but I can enter an enhancement request for you.

#240579 Reply

boskovuk

@support-rkalla wrote:

This functionality isn’t currently available, but I can enter an enhancement request for you.

Please, do so. Thanks.

On a related note, I wonder how fast paces is MyEclipse development environment? For example, when (and if) will this be delivered?

#240582 Reply

Riyad Kalla

On a related note, I wonder how fast paces is MyEclipse development environment? For example, when (and if) will this be delivered?

It’s very fast paced, however you need to realize that you are not the only user requesting a new feature, we have 100s of requests comming in constantly from customers so we record them all and then prioritize them based on user demand. It is then management’s job to balance resources in order to deliver the highest priority items. We work this way to make sure the majority of our user base are receiving the tools and functionality they need while keeping our company in a healthy competative position.

Unfortunately sometimes that means someone’s request may not make it in, unfortunately it’s one of the realities we need to face, some things have to get cut.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: DB field comments – how to extract them

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in