facebook

DB2 Mainframe

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

duckman75

I can connect to my DB2 database with the JDBC driver and run queries, but I cannot see the schema (tables, proc, etc.)

The reason is my userid does not match (or is somehow not linked) to the schema I want to see.
    When I use the “display all schemas”, it returns a bunch of “[unknown]” schema names.

Is there any way to force it to use a specific schema??

Again, when i try “Display default schema only” that does not work due to userid and “Display the selected schemas” does not display any schemas.
    I can connect and query by fully using schema name, so this is not a login failure or permission issue…

Please help…

thx

#224791 Reply

duckman75

UPDATE:

I just had my dba over and we tried the sqlid that created this schema and still cannot view any tables.

We can query, but we cannot see any hierarchy.

I tried the same connection URL with Database Pilot (comes with Jbuilder) and i can see all the tables, etc, etc associated to that schema.

This is a huge issue for me because i cannot create Hibernate mappings if i cannot see the tables!
    Please advise….

thx

#224798 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#224802 Reply

duckman75

Sorry about that!

ME 3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1
    Eclipse 3.1M4
    Windows XP
    JDK1.5.0_01
    DB2 JDBC Driver DB2 8.x type 4

#224803 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you check your log file for exceptions:
    (workspace dir)\.metadata\.log

Look near the bottom for exceptions pertaining to this. It will help us figure out what is going on.

#224936 Reply

support-jeff

duckman –

We currently do not have a DB2 instance to test against. Error files and JDBC know-how are about all we have at this time. Please post the error logs (as requested). If none are available, is it possible to gain access (temporarily) to your db instance to do some debug testing? If that is not possible, or even as a prelude to doing so, is there a debug version of the JDBC driver available – you could run this against the database to see if it exposes any odd queries?

#225090 Reply

duckman75

There are no errors in the log….
    Temporary access to the dB was denied.

I am not aware of any debug version of the JDBC.
    Is there anything avaliable in your product to turn debugging on? Or to see the queires it is trying to fire to get the metadata?

#225149 Reply

support-jeff

Not much I can do to help diagnose then. Debugging can only be enabled in JDBC; all queries for DatabaseMetaData interface are implemented within JDBC, not within our tool.

#225391 Reply

Andrea

In DB2 JDBC you can enable logging by using the following connection URL:

jdbc:db2://servername:5054/ABCD:traceFile=C:/DB2.log;traceLevel=-1;

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: DB2 Mainframe

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in