facebook

DBExplorer – MS SQL server

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

tames

I am not an MS SQL expert by any means, so forgive my terminiology if it is not correct. On the previous version of DBExplorer on 4.something, my tree listing of SQL SERVER worked perfectly. I would open a schema, and the listings of tables would be there. Now after upgrading to 5.0 GA, I connect OK, but when I open a schema, DBExplorer now shows me a list of all users that have access to that schema. Since we have hundreds of users, this takes several minutes to open. I then have to trudge thru to find DBO and then I get what I want.

Is there a way in the connection string to bypass all the users so that only DBO opens? If not, this will make me look elsewhere for what I want to do. I can’t wait 10 minutes every time I connect.

#256898 Reply

Haris Peco

tames,

Unfortunately, you can’t filter users(schemas) in database which support catalogs and schemas (sybase, sql server).We will try add better filtering options in futures releases.You can filter on 2nd page of connection wizard, but it will filter catalogs for sql server and sybase (and other database which support catalogs and schemas)

However, this behavior haven’t changed between 4.1 and 5.0 – you can see all schemas (users) in sql server 2005 now (it is not worked in 4.1, because Microsoft change concept schema).Different driver (MS driver, jtds) return different user infos, too

Best
    Peco

PS
    Your terminlogy is okay, but first node in connection is catalog and second are users/schemas

#257435 Reply

NPRST

I exactly have the same problem with the new version of MyeclipseIDE 5.0…. I am also using SQL Server 2000 and am unable to find tables in the DB Explorer and inturn unable to create a mapping of tables. I have already started a thread in BUGS Section and Riyad is trying to reply to my question.

Can anyone please let me a way out, else I will be forced not to use Myeclipse, since I m not able to create a mapping with my tables.

#257437 Reply

Haris Peco

NPRST,

I am not sure what is your problem

– you know that table exists and table doesn’t exists in db explorer
    or
    – you have a lot table and can’t found your table quick

Please send some details

Thanks
    Peco

#257444 Reply

NPRST

Peco,

I m able to connect to the Server (SQLServer 2000) using Myeclipse (both Database Explorer or Hibernate). But, after connecting to the Server, when I click on the DatabaseName, I m getting a list of all the usersnames on the Database. When I click on my User Name, I find a Tree Hierarchy, namely same as the old one, System Table, Table, View and Procedure. But when I click on any of these trees for expansion to view a List of Table or View, I am unable to find one in the explorer (The trees are not expanding).

I know all the tables exist and they are not visible in the explorer.

I also tried writing queries for the tables in the Database, they are working fine and returning appropriate results.

I used the same database to connect with the Old Myeclipse edition 4.0.1 and Its working properly with this version and displaying the table names in the explorer.

Her

#257445 Reply

Haris Peco

Have you some exception in log (Windows-Show View-Other-PDE Runtime-Error log view) ?

Please can you send some create script for your table

Thanks

#257447 Reply

NPRST

Peco,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I am not creating any tables, the tables are already present on my server, I m just trying to create a mapping. The Database is getting connected, but I m not sure y it is displaying the user names, instead of table names as nodes. In the earlier version, I never used to get user names in Explorer and could view all the tables names in the explorer.

Here is my Error Log:
    !SESSION 2006-08-23 10:47:02.367 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905
    java.version=1.5.0_08
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:29.304
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\css_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:29.492
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\forms_lists_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:29.632
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\htmlform_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:29.898
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\html_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:30.320
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\javascript_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:30.554
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\jsf_f_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:30.742
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\jsf_h_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:31.054
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\struts_bean_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:31.367
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\struts_html_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:31.664
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\struts_logic_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 0 2006-08-23 10:48:32.070
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 5.0GA\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_5.0.0\snippets\struts_tiles_snippets.xml

#257449 Reply

Haris Peco

NPRST,

Your log is okay.You have warnings only.
    SQL server have schema concepts and it is same user name in sql server < 2005
    When you connect you see catalog (database nodes) and this nodes contents schema nodes (in sql server 2000 schemas are users, but it isn’t true in sql server 2005) – next nodes are table types
    Can you expand your catalog, user dbo and TABLE node ? If you haven’t schema/user prefix when you create table it is in dbo ?
    If you see dbo and TABLE and no children in table nodes it is problem
    You said that you can query tables in sql editor.Please try this :

select YOUR_CATALOG.dbo.YOURTABLE

and tell me if it works

Thanks
    Peco

#257452 Reply

NPRST

Peco,

I can see dbo and Table, but no children in table nodes.
    Right now I m also having problems to connecting to SQL server, its a small Server problem here … Lemme check that and shall get back to you. Earlier it was fine and thats how I could execute the qurey without any problem.

#257455 Reply

Haris Peco

NPRST ,

If you can see dbo and TABLE node and no tables you have problems with jdbc driver probably
    Children of TABLE node call simple jdbc getTables and if it doesn’t work then it is jdbc driver problem or you have problems with permissions (permissions are fine if you can make queries in sql editor)

Best
    Peco

#257456 Reply

NPRST

Peco,

I can see dbo and TABLE node and no tables.
    I m using “Microsoft SQL Server” Driver that is available in MyEclipseIde to connect to the Database.
    I am an Administrator on the Server.

Thanks for all the help ….

#257464 Reply

NPRST

Peco,

Also, the qurey select * from YOUR_CATALOG.dbo.TableName, works fine and results are being displayed. But still, I cannot see the Table listing in the tree hierarchy.

Thanks

#257470 Reply

Haris Peco

I m using “Microsoft SQL Server” Driver that is available in MyEclipseIde to connect to the Database.

MyEclipse have templates for craeting driver profile
    You have to download driver from vendor – it is usually Microsoft driver or free jtds
    What is your ?

Best
    Peco

#257482 Reply

NPRST

I used “Microsoft SQL Server” template for creating Driver profile and NOT JTDS

The Jars I used for creating the profile from SQL Server 2000 are:
    msbase
    mssqlserver
    msutil

Thanks Peco!!!

#257489 Reply

Haris Peco

Can you try with jdbc 2005 – it is free from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e22bc83b-32ff-4474-a44a-22b6ae2c4e17&displaylang=en

There is only one jar

I am not sure, but i suppose that we have some driver problems

Best
    Peco

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: DBExplorer – MS SQL server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in