facebook

debugging in Weblogic8.1 SP4

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mylavarapu

I am using Myecllipse 5.5 and my appserver is weblogic 8.1 SP4. I tried startign the server in debug mode but it is not starting. I tried modifing the startweblogic.cmd by putting the following options

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8453,server=y,suspend=n 

It is always starting in RUNNING mode. Pls advice what’s going wrong here.

#282351 Reply

Loyal Water

Does it throw any exception when you start the server ?

Incase you question is related to JSP debugging then you should take a look at this:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/weblogic-8-jsp-debugging-is-broken-but-it-supports-jsr-45/

#282397 Reply

jkratz

Are you saying that the server doesn’t start when you try debug mode or are you saying that the server starts but that the output says RUNNING even if you start it in debug mode via eclipse? At least on 9.2 it will always say RUNNING no matter if you start it in debug/non-debug mode. You shouldn’t have to alter the weblogic cmd file.

#282452 Reply

mylavarapu

Thanks for replying guys and sorry for not making things so clear.

Nipun -> I wanted to debug Java files and not JSPs

jkratz -> WL Server is starting successfully but i would like to
    1) use the JPDA options and start the WL server in debug mode at port say 8087 (or any free port)

#282474 Reply

jkratz

So my question is have you actually tried running the server in debug mode (via the myeclipse connector option…I dont mean via changing any weblogic startup script options)? It should just work out of the box for debugging java classes. You should not have to modify the startup script. In version 9.2 there is a flag to the startup script that sets the debugging options. I assume that the myeclipse connector for weblogic sets that flag when it runs the script. I would think the 8.1 script would be similar if not the same.

Again just try debug mode via myeclipse and see if it works. Also note that you should probably set debug mode in the launch properties of the connector.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: debugging in Weblogic8.1 SP4

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in