facebook

Defined methods are undefined [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

monocongo

MyEclipse is complaining about the following methods being undefined:

javax.jms.ConnectionFactory.createConnection()
    javax.jms.Connection.createSession(boolean, int)
    javax.jms.Session.createConsumer(Destination)

These methods are clearly defined in the J2EE 1.4 API.

In my build path I have the following two JARs from JBoss 3.2.5 which contain these javax.jms.* classes:

jboss-j2ee.jar
    jbossall-client.jar

My environment:

Eclipse 3.0.1
    MyEclipse 3.8.2
    Windows XP Professional

Any ideas on why this is happening, or what I can do to fix it ? Am I overlooking something obvious ? I have tried cleaning the project and rebuilding, restarting MyEclipse, etc. but no joy so far.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

–James

#218213 Reply

monocongo

I have solved this problem by replacing jboss-j2ee.jar and servlet-api.jar from JBoss 3.2.5 with the j2ee.jar from Sun in my project’s build path. It seems that the jmx.jms.* classes from JBoss 3.2.5 aren’t fully fleshed out.

–James

#218221 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

James,

Glad you solved the problem. If it helps, we ship a J2EE 1.4 container library set that you can add to your build path, rather than dealing with individual libraries. We do that automatically for our web projects and the like.

#218230 Reply

monocongo

Thanks Scott, but I don’t think the J2EE container library set would do me much good, as I need to compile my codes with the libraries used by my version of JBoss. I was actually burned by what I thought was the solution to my problem, and had to instead recode my class to use JMS 1.0.2 instead of JMS 1.1 since this is the version of JMS supported by JBoss 3.2.5 (and this is why those methods were undefined — it had nothing to do with MyEclipse). Once I start using JBoss 4.0, which I think provides a complete J2EE 1.4 API stack, then maybe I can use the container library set you speak of without danger of version incompatibilities.

–James

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Defined methods are undefined [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in