facebook

deploying a plain old java .jar with a .ear

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

johnjoreilly

What is the proper way to deploy a (non-ejb) java project with an enterprise application project? I’ve tried various approaches, but I keep getting a NoClassDefFoundError as JBoss looks for a class that is in a referenced project. If this is in the on-line help, please point me to it.

Thanks.

#231007 Reply

Riyad Kalla

If the Java Project is already JAR’ed up, just drop it in the root of the EAR. For automatic packaging and deployment of Java Projects please take a look at section 9.1 here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/earprojects/

#231025 Reply

johnjoreilly

Hmm. Well, it is in the root of the ear, but somehow is not found during JBoss deployment. What else should I check?

#231045 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You mean JBoss isn’t finding it or it’s not being copied out to the app server by MyEclipse?

#231051 Reply

johnjoreilly

JBoss isn’t finding it.

#231052 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What version of JBoss are you using? Have you tried searching their forums or googling for the issue to see if any tips turn up?

#231054 Reply

johnjoreilly

version 3.2.6. Let me just ask if I’ve done things correctly in MyEclipse. I have checked the java project under the project reference properties for the enterprise application project. Under the dependent java project deployment policy, I have tried both the default workbench settings, and the “jar dependent java projects” choice. The included ejb project also references the java project. Is that correct and complete? If so, I’ll assume it’s a JBoss issue.

#231057 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes, if the JAR is getting copied out then everything is working as it should. You might give JBoss 4 a try and see if the problem magically “clears up”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: deploying a plain old java .jar with a .ear

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in