facebook

Deploying question

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gcormier

Okay, for some reason as of yesterday, ME has been acting strange.

First off, deploying my application… it would only deploy half the files. There were no errors messages deploying.

That got fixed up somehow.

Now when I deploy.. the JAR files contain JAVA and CLASS files… and the servlet is throwing errors… it was something like “SomeClass is public and should be defined in a file called SomeClass.java…”… I deleted the .java files and it works fine.

I’m soo frustrated. Everything seem to be broken and I need it not to be right now, so much work to do 😐

#238974 Reply

Riyad Kalla

gcormier,
    Did you want me to work with you to walk through what might be going on? From your post it sounds like things are working but they were giving you hassle at the worst possible time previously. We are not happy to hear this, and infact I just poured sugar into the gas tank of the developer that is in charge of the deployer just incase.

#239143 Reply

gcormier

Not sure if that respose is sarcastic or not… I have no idea why the deployer would behave like that.

I’m currently playing with Ant in hopes of reliable deployments 🙁

#239144 Reply

Riyad Kalla

gcormier,
    My post was not intended to be sarcastic at all, take a look at your original post:

1) It is only deploying 1/2 of the files
    2) Tha got fixed somehow
    3) SomeClass is public…
    4) I deleted the .java and it works fine

So the two problems you gave you also followed up with a statement saying that they were no longer happening again, so I was confused what you needed help with. In my original post I was empathetic to your position in that the deployer was acting up at a bad time, sorry if there was a miscommunication. If you are still having problems, I need more details from you as to what exactly is happening.

#239229 Reply

gcormier

For now I am going with Ant.

When I get the chance I will try to look at deployments with ME and see if we can find out what’s happening.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Deploying question

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in