facebook

deploying to websphere 5.1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

shirodkar4

i have websphere 5.1 installed on my machine with the latest version of myeclipse 5.1.0.
    i have configured websphere with myeclipse and set the system.out to the console of my eclipse instead of the system.out in websphere directory.

i am able to see the console with the different log messages in the myeclipse console when i start the websphere server in myeclipse.

now the problem is that when i deploy my application to the websphere server through Myeclipse the log doesn’t get updated in myeclipse also the application cannot be started at the 9080 port.

i have also seen that serverindex.xml file does also not get updated.

is this correct way of deploying applications to websphere in myeclipse or do i need to use the admin console

#265099 Reply

Riyad Kalla

There are 2 steps. First you deploy from MyEclipse, but then you need to login to the Administrative Console in WS and install the app from there. Then you can keep redeploying from MyEclipse now that the server knows about the app.

#265108 Reply

shirodkar4

as said i first deployed the application in the development mode(exploded mode) using myeclipse deployment window to websphere. the log in the console was not updated at this time. then i installed the application using the admin console of websphere. i then started the application through console and then ran it tat the default 9080 port it worked fine.

now i included another jsp in the application.

i stopped the application in the admin console. i then redeployed the application(now containing a new jsp page) using the MyEclipse deployment window. now when i did this the console din show any log messages.

i then restarted the application in the admin console.

but when i run the application at the default 9080 port the new jsp cannot be accessed. it gives a HTTP 404 error(which means the is not present there).

can you help me with this.

is this the correct way of deployment.

i am very eagerly looking forward to help.

#265141 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the misunderstanding… most of what you are doing sounds find exception I think one step is unnecessary. For example:

1) Deploy from MyEclipse (Exploded)
    2) Install using Admin Console
    3) Create new JSP File (if you are using Exploded, this file is immediately copied out to the deployed dir automatically for you)

So for step #3, you don’t need to stop and restart and redeploy the app, the JSP file should already be deployed… you can double check this by going out ot the deployment location and verifying that the JSP is there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: deploying to websphere 5.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in