facebook

Deployment error when deploying web app to weblogic

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

THC

Hi I created a JAX-RS application on myEclipse. This web app deployed and ran fine when I deployed on the myEclipse internal tomcat6.

However, when deploying to weblogic server, I get the following error during deployment:

Aug 13, 2009 2:59:29 PM EDT> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149078> <Stack trace for message 149004
    weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: ‘NTM_REST’
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:368)
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.prepare(ScopedModuleDriver.java:176)
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:93)
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow$1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:387)
    at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:37)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer
    at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:296)
    at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:269)
    at weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAwareClassLoader.java:55)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Do I need to do something special for weblogic to recognize the Jersey Project (reference implementation for Jax-RS) jars/libraries at runtime? I didn’t do anything special with them on the internal tomcat deployment? Any help or advice or insights are greatly appreciated. Thanks

#301425 Reply

support-joy

THC,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice.To investigate with your issue, I downloaded a webservices based webapplication “restdemo.zip” from http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/webservices_rest/#Resources.

I am able to work with the application when I deployed it into Tomcat6 and Weblogic10(in Exploded Archive mode only).
    But When I deployed the same application into Weblogic10 in Packaged Archive mode, I got the Exception

When I searched over the net, I found that it was a bug(CR299135) related to Packaged deployment with Weblogic9.2 and gave a workaround for it in Weblogic10.2.(http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs100/issues/known_resolved.html).

So I suggest you to create “weblogic.xml” file parallel to “web.xml” and update that file with the following entries

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

<weblogic-web-app xmlns=”http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90″&gt;
    <description>WebLogic Descriptor</description>
    <container-descriptor>

<show-archived-real-path-enabled>true</show-archived-real-path-enabled>
    </container-descriptor>
    </weblogic-web-app>

Let me know if this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Deployment error when deploying web app to weblogic

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in