facebook

Deployment problem with MyEclipse 4

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

leon5wu

My environmnet is windows xp, myeclipse 4.0.3, weblogic 8.1
    I got a couple of problems with deployment.
    1. The application is deployed in weblogic with myeclipse(in both exploded and packaged), but the weblogic cannot detect anything when I start weblogic.
    2. Fist start weblogic, then deploy the app in exploded mode, I got “No J2EE deployment descriptor found”
    3. Firt start weblogic, then deploy the app in packaged mode, I got “error in opening zip file”. But, the weblogic detect the application in the myserver.

Any thoughts?

Leon

#242709 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1. The application is deployed in weblogic with myeclipse(in both exploded and packaged), but the weblogic cannot detect anything when I start weblogic.

Login to the administrative console of WebLogic and install the EAR from there. Once that is done, you can remove the packaged deployment in MyEclipse and recreate an exploded one, it will overlay the one that WebLogic created. This step is necessary for WebLogic to generate all appropriate stubs and such, MyEclipse doesn’t do this (Because we support 20+ servers).

2. Fist start weblogic, then deploy the app in exploded mode, I got “No J2EE deployment descriptor found”
    3. Firt start weblogic, then deploy the app in packaged mode, I got “error in opening zip file”. But, the weblogic detect the application in the myserver.

Try to avoid deploying an app to a running server. In the case of #2 and #3 WebLogic is attempting to load the “new application” bofore the deployment tool is done copying it out. The Zip error is because WL detects the new file and tries to decompress it before MyEclipse has even finished creating it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Deployment problem with MyEclipse 4

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in