facebook

Dial Phone is not working in IOS but yes in Android

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

cor9003

Hello,

I’m using the cial phone when the user click a button and it is working fine in Android but not in Iphone.

I’m using mobione 2.6.2

Please, can you help me ?

Regards
    David

#349015 Reply

Hi cor9003,

Can you share your device model and iOS version?

#349017 Reply

cor9003

Hello

Iphone 5 with ios 7.1.1

#349041 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Here we go again!!

#349065 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@cor9003

I just ran a quick dialing test on iphone5s/ios7.1.1. No issues observed with the dialing functionality.
    My test attached a Dial Phone action to a button.

Share more details on your dial feature’s implementation.

#349102 Reply

cor9003

hello, I ‘ve just sent an email to support of genuitec dot com with the sources

Regards
    David

#349105 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Dialing works for me in your project.

I built the contact page using MobiOne 2.6.2 App Center Builder. Then installed and tested the app on an iphone5s/ios7.1.1. Clicking the call button results in the standard dialog to initiate dialing. I click Call and my phone commenced dialing (see the screenshot). I’m not sure what’s up with your app. Are you using MobiOne to build your project or an alternative approach? See attachment dial-result.png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #349125 Reply

cor9003

Hello,

To build I’m using Adobe Phonegap Build. And works with Android but not in IOS

#349175 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

I suspect there may be some additional dependency by the dial function and MobiOne’s cordova runtime vs what is available via PGB.

The MobiOne App Center provides some additional conveniences that phoneui.js uses which are not part of the base phonegap build system. We recently submitted the plugins for use in building mobione projects with PGB; we are still waiting for their acceptance by adobe. Once they are available we’ll provide instructions for using PGB as an alternative to MobiOne’s App Center Builder.

In the meantime consider replacing your dial action with a JavaScript action based on a snippet similar to the following. The idea is to use the tel: scheme to invoke the dialing function.

document.location.href = "tel:<place number here>"
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Dial Phone is not working in IOS but yes in Android

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in