facebook

Dynamic tables?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

teal91

Hello,

I would like to import data from an excel spreadsheet into my app. Preferably, I would like to present the user with a drop down list and have the app return the appropriate data from the spreadsheet.

For this sample spreadsheet:
    …………………Sales……………..Revenue
    A Shift………….12…………………$120

B Shift………….18…………………$180

Lets say there is a drop down for the x axis and for the y axis. The user selects “A Shift” from the first drop down, and “Revenue” from the second drop down. The app then returns “$120” as the answer. Another thought would be to have a single dropdown list, and as the user selects “A Shift” they are presented with the data for both sales and revenue.

How would I accomplish this? The spreadsheet data would have to be stored in the app somewhere I imagine, and some sort of javascript or something written to retrieve data from it? I am new to this in case you can’t tell!

Thanks for any help,

Aaron

#352954 Reply

ManuelNogueira
    Participant

Hi Aaron-

I know that it’s been a long time since you posted this question…did you ever get a reply or have a solution? I’m trying to do something similar and would be interested in knowing the solution. If you do know, I’d appreciate if you can share it with me.

Best regards,
    MANO

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Dynamic tables?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in