facebook

Eclipse RCP XFire

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gcstang

I’ve created a set of XFire services and they work with a simple Client I created, however if I put them into an Eclipse RCP Plugin then I get this error:

Caused by: org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException: Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Could not unmarshall type : “com.eonegroup.services.vo” doesnt contain ObjectFactory.class or jaxb.index

I generated the client and it does include the ObjectFactory.class files, is there something else that needs to be done or can XFire not be used in a Plugin for Eclipse?

#273444 Reply

Loyal Water

Are you using Eclipse or MyEclipse?

#273461 Reply

gcstang

@support-nipun wrote:

Are you using Eclipse or MyEclipse?

I used Eclipse/MyEclipse to create the Services in a Services Project, now I want to use the generated client in an Eclipse RCP application.

#273558 Reply

Riyad Kalla

gcstang,
    Have you made sure to adjust your plugins build path to include all the XFire libs? Including the JAXB2 ones?

#273565 Reply

gcstang

@support-rkalla wrote:

gcstang,
    Have you made sure to adjust your plugins build path to include all the XFire libs? Including the JAXB2 ones?

Yes I created a new Plugin just for XFire and added all the libs I used in a test application to connect to the service from, it worked in the standalone java application just not from the plugin that is part of the RCP application. I added all jars in the CLASSPATH section and selected all packages for sharing in the plugin Exported Packages, all in the Runtime page of the MANIFEST.MF editors.

#273581 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm I’m not really sure what is wrong. Our XFire tooling hasn’t been tested or intended for plugin development, but tweaking the classpath enough of your RCP app I don’t know why you shouldn’t be able to get it to work…

#273587 Reply

gcstang

@support-rkalla wrote:

Hmm I’m not really sure what is wrong. Our XFire tooling hasn’t been tested or intended for plugin development, but tweaking the classpath enough of your RCP app I don’t know why you shouldn’t be able to get it to work…

I got Axis 1.x to work but no luck on XFire

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Eclipse RCP XFire

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in