facebook

EclipseLink and MyEclipse?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dnedrow

Is there a mechanism for adding EclipseLink as a JPA provider for MyEclipse projects and reverse engineering? Can I just replace the toplink essentials libraries in the setup?

-David

#287078 Reply

Loyal Water

I have never tried using EclipseLink with MyEclipse. I’ll check with my team.

Can I just replace the toplink essentials libraries in the setup?

You can go to Windows > Preferences > MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Project Capabilities > JPA > TopLink and replace the libraries there.

#291691 Reply

I have never tried using EclipseLink with MyEclipse. I’ll check with my team.

Any update on using EclipseLink with MyEclipse?

#291694 Reply

From the Oracle Toplink Homepage:

the use of TopLink Essentials has been replaced with EclipseLink JPA.

#291760 Reply

Brian Fernandes

As Nipun mentioned above, you can always replace our Toplink libraries with EclipseLink libraries, but persistence.xml will need manual conversion to work with EclispeLink. EclipseLink support is definitely on the cards for MyEclipse, a timeline for this has not yet been established, but we expect to support it in early 2009.

Hope this helps

#291762 Reply

EclipseLink support is definitely on the cards for MyEclipse, a timeline for this has not yet been established, but we expect to support it in early 2009.

Good to know, thanks!

#297053 Reply

Steve Olson

Any update on the timeline for EclipseLink support? I’m interested in using EclipseLink, but not losing the nice JPA tools in MyEclipse.

In the meantime is the easiest approach still to use the Toplink support and then massage the persistence.xml file? I looked at the Eclipse Dali project briefly but it looks like there’s conflicts between the MyEclipse pluging requirements and the current Dali requirements so I bailed on that. I’m on MyEclipse 7.1…

#297056 Reply

Brian Fernandes

skolson,

MyEclipse 7.1 does have EclipseLink support. We include EclipseLink 1.0.2 libraries and you can select EclipseLink when creating a new JPA project. If you already have an existing project, I suggest you create a new dummy project and copy in the persistence.xml file from there (we will improve this in the future). You would also need to add the EclipseLink container to your project.

Hope this helps.

#297129 Reply

Steve Olson

Awesome, I didn’t even notice that. Thanks! I’ll try tweaking the lib def to update to the EclipseLink 1.1.0 jars and see how it goes. Thanks!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: EclipseLink and MyEclipse?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in