facebook

Edit table structure in "DB Browser" or "Tabl

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am using MyEclipse 6.5.1 and the ojdbc14.jar Oracle driver package.
    But: changing the table structure is not possible via the “DB Browser” view or the “Table/Object Info” view. No matter if I choose the available driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver or oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver. For me this is a big problem because I want to design a new database with MyEclipse and that is really hard if it is not possible to add a column to a table after the creation process is finished. For example: I create the table TEST with two columns and finish the creation wizard. Now I realize, that I forgot a column. That’s the problem: It cannot be added now.
    Do you know a way how to do that?
    Would you please help me?
    I like the Database Explorer perspective very much and it would be a shame if I would have to use the software due to the fact that editing the table structure is not possible.

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards,
    Jochen.

#289938 Reply

Loyal Water

Jochen,
    I understand the problem that you are facing but I’m afraid editing tables after they have been created is not possible at the moment and I dont have a workaround for you. Sorry about that.

#289958 Reply

Hi Nipun,
    thank you for your answer. Even if it is not good for me 😉
    Are there any plans to change this? And perhaps a forecast when a solution is available?
    Best regards, Jochen.

#289991 Reply

Loyal Water

Jochen,
    We don’t have this on the cards yet but I’ll make a note of this as a feature request. Thank you for your feedback.

#291303 Reply

Sergey Malov

With all due respect, it’s really odd that table once created can’t be altered with an editor. Looks like fairly standard feature for db explorer to have.
    Anyway, seems like all what you have to have is a way to access a Table Wizard, could it be done for the next release?

Thanks,
    Sergey

#291335 Reply

Loyal Water

Sergey,
    The 7.0 GA release is scheduled for the first week of December so this feature wont make it for 7.0. I’ll try and push it for 7.1.

#291353 Reply

Nipun,
    this would be a very good thing! Please do everything which is needed that it comes on release 7.1.
    The feature would eas up DB design with myEclipse significantly.
    Best regards, Jochen.

#291365 Reply

Loyal Water

The feature would eas up DB design with myEclipse significantly.

I’m sure it would. I’ll try my best.

#295777 Reply

Sergey Malov

Couldn’t find it in a list of new features for 7.1, is it there? I haven’t had a chance to download it yet.

Regards,
    Sergey

#295830 Reply

Loyal Water

Sergey,
    I’m afraid this feature has not made it to the 7.1 release.

#295832 Reply

Sergey Malov

Ok, will wait.

#295922 Reply

Loyal Water

Thank you.

#296331 Reply

For which release do you plan this?

#296376 Reply

Loyal Water

jrmeyer_aspecta ,
    At this point in time we dont have an ETA for this feature. It is upto the management to prioritize this feature for a particular release.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Edit table structure in "DB Browser" or "Tabl

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in