facebook

Editor question

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

leon5wu

I just made upgrade to version 4.0.3 build id 20051025-4.0.3-GA. Then, No matter how to link or unlink with editor, it always links Hierachy perspective to the editor. Any idea?

#245850 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm, try restart using the -clean command line argument to eclipse.exe see if that clears it up.

#245865 Reply

leon5wu

I did it following the instruction, but it works like before, no changes. BTW, the package explorer perspective works OK with or wirhout link.

#245867 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Leon I really don’t know what setting you may have set to link your navigation to the hierarchy view. You could try closing all your perspectives and restarting with -clean, then opening them back up and see if that helps.

#245913 Reply

leon5wu

Okay,
    closed all the perspectives and MyEclipse,
    started MyEclipse with D:\MyIde\eclipse\eclipse.exe -clean -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Dosgi.splashLocation=”C:\Program Files\MyEclipse\eclipse\MyEclipseSplash.bmp”,
    opened a hierarchy perspective again with classes,
    then the editor will always be linked with the class that is browsered in the hierarchy perspective.

#245917 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Leon,

Could you clarify a few things:

1) There is no hierarchy perspective, there is only a hierarchy view – are you talking about something else?
    2) We seem to be misunderstanding what you mean by “link”.
    Could you give a series of steps of what you are doing in Eclipse?
    Are you editing a java file and then pressing a Hotkey or choosing a menu option which brings up the hierarchy view?
    I ask becuase AFAIK there isn’t a way to “link” the editor to the hierarchy view.

A screenshot, if possible, would help a great deal in understanding your problem.

Best,
    Brian.

#246003 Reply

leon5wu

1) Hierarchy is the F4 function when highlight a class name
    2) Link is the selection on hte drop down menu of the Hierachy named “Link with Editor”
    No matter how the “Link with Editor” is selected or not, it always swaps the view of the class in Editor that is clicked on in the hierarchy view.

#246005 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This functionality is provided by the base Eclipse install, this can either be a workspace issue (File > Switch Workspace to check) or an install issue of Eclipse.

#246045 Reply

leon5wu

It is not a big deal for me, but only a little inconvenient. Closing all perspactives are painful. I wouldn’t spend more time on it and I will upgrade to 4.1.1. Then see what happens. Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Editor question

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in