facebook

Effect of XFire Celtix merge?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kirchhof

Hi.

I love the fact that MyEclipse has choosen to suport what in my mind is the best in class web service stack (XFire) in their product.

With the announcement last year of the XFire-Celtix merge where will this leave MyEclipse? What are the plans?

This is not a retorical question, I would like to know what to expect in order to complete my review of the MyEclipse product.

In advance thank you for your help,

Florian

#264714 Reply

wayne

This is a very relevant question now that CXF is moving forward. We have a good relationship with the XFire team and have been discussing ways to work even closer together. We are currently talking with Dan Diephouse (XFire lead and CXF architect) about CXF and how we plan to embrace it. One concern we have is to ensure that we don’t go backwards by adopting a product too early in its life-cycle and thus inflict pain on our user base. We will be posting more info on this very soon. Presently we are readying ME5.5M1 for release next week. I will include even better integration of XFire including an upgrade to XFire 1.2.4.

Regards,

Wayne Parrott
    VP, Product Development
    Genuitec, LLC

#272380 Reply

wagles

Would like to know if MyEclipse has analyzed the impact of XFire’s decision to merge and start CXF as the new Web Services stack.

Considering that MyEclipse 5.5 GA currently supports XFire 1.2.6, would like to know the plans of MyEclipse to either stick with XFire 1.2.6, or if there is a migration plan to move to CXF? Is CXF still being considered too early to adopt? If there is a plan to move to CXF, what time lines are being considered?

Thank you,
    Raj

#278703 Reply

Ronald Nikel

Hi,

in my company the discussion about the next Web Services Stack starts too. Should we move to CXF for our next project or stay with XFire. One big issue is ide integration. So what are your plans for the (not to far) future ?

Thank you

Jürgen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Effect of XFire Celtix merge?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in