facebook

ehcache-1.1.jar missing from hibernate 3.0 core libs in 4.1?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Steve Prior

Using MyEclipse 4.1GA I couldn’t get my basic Hibernate capable WebApp to work until I added ehcache-1.1.jar to the build path which is part of the extended libs, but not the core libs. Should this be added to the default?

#245519 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I believe this is only needed when the level 2 cache is enabled. Did you enable that in your configuration file?

#245529 Reply

Steve Prior

No, the configuration file is very simple. I didn’t need this jar in a standalone program, but when I used Hibernate code in a trivial webapp (using Tomcat 5.5) it did not run until I added this jar file. I now know how to change the default library settings to add this file into the template for the basic config, but I still believe it should be there by default – it is much easier for an advanced user who is starting to think about caching to know to remove the extra jar than it is for the starting hibernate/webapp user to realize that he/she has to change the default settings right off the bat or the first hello world type webapp isn’t going to work. Another possible option is to add a new grouping – you have “basic” (which seems to be standalone specific) and “advanced”, maybe you need a “basic webapp”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: ehcache-1.1.jar missing from hibernate 3.0 core libs in 4.1?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in