facebook

EJB3 Reverse Engineering not working

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Last week I was able to successfully reverse engineer all our entity beans using the “EJB3 Reverse Engineering” wizards; however, today when I went to reverse engineer the new tables nothing happens (no dialog pops up). If I look at the eclipse error .log file I see the attached exception thrown. Any suggestions on how to get this to work would be greatly appreciated. 🙁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ERROR .LOG ENTRY:
    Exception Stack Trace:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class file name must end with .class
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.PackageFragment.getClassFile(PackageFragment.java:188)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.util.HandleFactory.createOpenable(HandleFactory.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.matching.MatchLocator.locateMatches(MatchLocator.java:1163)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.JavaSearchParticipant.locateMatches(JavaSearchParticipant.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.BasicSearchEngine.findMatches(BasicSearchEngine.java:217)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.search.BasicSearchEngine.search(BasicSearchEngine.java:502)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.core.search.SearchEngine.search(SearchEngine.java:550)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewEJB3ArtifactWizardPage.loadProjectProperties(NewEJB3ArtifactWizardPage.java:432)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.updatePackageFragmentRoot(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:507)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.init(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:882)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewEJB3ArtifactWizardPage.init(NewEJB3ArtifactWizardPage.java:318)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateMappingWizard.createPageControls(NewHibernateMappingWizard.java:206)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:669)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:543)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:426)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1081)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewEJB3MappingAction.basicRun(NewEJB3MappingAction.java:24)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ui.action.LicenseValidatingAction.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewHibernateMappingAction.run(NewHibernateMappingAction.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:256)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3682)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3293)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1148)

MyECLIPSE INFO
    *** Date:
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 9:31:10 AM PST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 6.0.1 GA
    Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 6.0.1 GA
    Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.3.1.v20070814
    Build id: 20070814-1555

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.2.R33x_v20071022-_19UEksF-G8Yc6bUv3Dz
    Build id: M20071023-1652

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.3.1.r331_v20070629-7o7jE72EDlXAbqAcnbmyg1rf8RIL
    Build id: M20070921-1145

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.3.2.R33x_r20071022-7M7J7C_Mu2gop0b_GAwplOBhyuKO
    Build id: M20071023-1652

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.3.2.R33x_r20071022-8y8eE9CEV3FspP8HJrY1M2dS

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.3.2.R33x_r20071022-7N7M4CYWLBCz-yHkMIuHN

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.0\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.2.R331_v20071019\eclipse_1021.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar
    -exitdata
    14b8_74
    -showlocation
    -refresh
    -clean
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.0\jre\bin\javaw.exe

#281025 Reply

Loyal Water

anthonyestelita,
    Can you switch to a new workspace and try rev engg again. Does it still throw similar errors ?

#281026 Reply

I created a new workspace. and I re-checked out my .ear, .war, and my two .ejb projects. and the revers engineering works there. Is there a property/setting file in my workspace that I can delete/reset to get this to work.

#281027 Reply

Loyal Water

Try cleaning you workspace using the -clean command line argument. Thats the only thing you can do to try and get things to work in your old workspace.
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

#281028 Reply

i already added the -clean and -refresh in my eclipse.ini file already (see my above “MY ECLIPSE INFO” at the end). Anything that I can remove/fix manually?

Thanks,
    Anthony

#281135 Reply

Loyal Water

Anthony,
    The only thing that you can do now is switch to the new workspace and import your projects into the new workspace.

#281157 Reply

I ended up doing that yesterday, and was able to re-regenerate my EJB3 entity beans. However, today, with much surprise, it isn’t working again in my new workspace. — UGH! ;-( For a workaround, I just re-created a simple workspace that just contains my EJB project just so I can reverse engineer my EJB3 files. Have you heard of anyone else having this problem? I just cant see what I could be doing that keeps on corrupting my workspace.

Oh well, thanks for the help.

And please let me know if you can find a better solution/workaround (it is kind of painful to have to create a temporary workspace just to do my reverse engineering – thankfully we don’t have to reverse engineer our EJB3 that often) 🙂

#281184 Reply

Loyal Water

Do you have any additional plugins installed along with MyEclipse ?

#281188 Reply

Nope, all I have is MyEclipse. Why would anyone need anything else? ;-D

#281300 Reply

I found a workaround that is a lot better/easier then creating a temporary workspace every time we need to reverseEnginner something:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Open up the following file:
    [workspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.prefs
    2. Delete the line that looks something like:
    EJB3_com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.JAVA_FOLDER=/myProject.ejb.jar/src
    3. Restart eclipse
    4. Voila 🙂
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully this will help someone that may also be having this problem (and also hopefully it will help the myEclipse developers fix this issue). 🙂

Have fun,
    Anthony

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: EJB3 Reverse Engineering not working

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in