facebook

enable PHP color syntax in MyEclipse 2024.1.0 and PHP Development Tools 8.0.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

knowledgeplaces
    Participant

I have successfully upgraded my MyEclipse to 2024.1.0 and PDT (PHP Development Tools) to 8.0.0.

Unfortunately, I no longer have PHP code color syntax (see screen copy attached).

What do I need to do to get it back?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #701513 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Eric,

I believe you will need a more recent PDT version – 8.0.0 was released around a year ago and probably won’t work too well with Eclipse 2024-03. I see version 8.3 that’s compatible with this version of MyEclipse, can you update / install this?

#701528 Reply

knowledgeplaces
    Participant

Hi Brian, I have installed PDT 8.3 but so far this has no impact, see attached screen copy.

Maybe I need to reset some settings somewhere, which have been lost during the migration to MyEclipse 2024?

I also created a new PHP project. Same issue, no syntax highlighting.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #701576 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Eric,

We’ve been able to reproduce this locally and are actively investigating; will let you know as soon as we find something and have a fix/workaround.

Appreciate your patience!

#701604 Reply

knowledgeplaces
    Participant

Thanks Brian, keep me updated, meanwhile I will use Notepad++ for PHP.

#701608 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Eric,

The issue was caused by a change in how Eclipse manages content types. We thought we had covered these changes, but had not tested with tooling like PDT. Here’s a workaround:

1) Download this file named com.genuitec.eclipse.aspphp.core_13.0.0.v202405290550-me.jar

2) Shut down MyEclipse

3) In your [MyEclipse installation]/plugins folder find the file with the same name as the above, replace it with the one you just downloaded. You can make a backup of the original file.

4) Start MyEclipse with the -clean argument. You can either start MyEclipse from the command line with myeclipse -clean or edit the myeclipse.ini file and add -clean on the first line, which you an remove after starting once with this argument.

The PHP editor should now be up and running.

We’ll be including a fix for this in our next release of course, but hopefully this works for you immediately, do let us know.

#701635 Reply

knowledgeplaces
    Participant

Brian,

I followed your instructions and it works nicely, the PHP editor is indeed up and running.

Thank you so much for being able to solve this so quickly.

#701643 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Eric,

The thought you coding in Notepad++ made us work faster 🙂 Glad to know it’s working!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: enable PHP color syntax in MyEclipse 2024.1.0 and PHP Development Tools 8.0.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in