facebook

ER Diagram Issues

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi. I recently tried the ER Diagram and it falls a bit short of expectations. Specifically:

1) There is no way to make it look the way I want (removing some relationships, some tables).

2) There should be an option to show or hide the fields that make up a FK, as it can get pretty ugly around the corners.

3) There should be an option to limit the detail of the tables (ie. I don’t want to show the datatypes, only the names).

4) Export as PNG or GIF please! JPEG for diagrams is a bit *ahem* stupid.

Other than these minor issues, works as expected!

#248285 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok the bad news is “we know” the good news is that all of these things are on our todo list. Thank you for the feedback!

#249588 Reply

Steve Prior

Please add my vote to allow the “Create ER Diagram” right click option not just when a schema is selected, but when a set of tables in that schema is selected. When a single schema is used for several subsystems you very likely only want to create an ER diagram for one subsystem at a time.

#249625 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Please add my vote to allow the “Create ER Diagram” right click option not just when a schema is selected, but when a set of tables in that schema is selected. When a single schema is used for several subsystems you very likely only want to create an ER diagram for one subsystem at a time.

Pleased to inform you that this is coming in 5.0 and you should see it as early as Milesone 1.

Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: ER Diagram Issues

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in