facebook

Error accessing DB2 UDB metadata

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

venkat

I am getting the following error:

Unable to retrieve database metadata:

DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -443, SQLSTATE: 38553, SQLERRMC: SYSIBM.SQLTABLES;TABLES;SYSIBM:CLI:-805

I had granted access to the schema and select access to all SYSIBM tables. There is no SYSIBM.SQLTABLES…

I am able to connect and execute queries on the database. I was trying to get the ER model and it would not display the schema once the database connection was established. Got the error message when I tried to edit “database profile” and in the “display the selected schema” tried to add…

Here is the database detail:

============================================================

About DB2 Administration Tools Environment

DB2 administration tools level:

Product identifier SQL08023
    Level identifier 03040106
    Level DB2 v8.1.10.812
    Build level s050811
    PTF WR21362

Java development kit (JDK):

Level IBM Corporation 1.4.1

Running DB2 on Windows XP Professional environment.

Please advice.

Venkat

#240801 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What about your Eclipse Build ID (Help > About) and MyEclipse Build ID (Window > Prefs > MyEclipse)?

#240810 Reply

venkat

Here is the additional info you asked for:

Eclipse SDK
    Version: 3.1.1
    Build id: M20050929-0840

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 4.0.3 GA
    Build Id: 20051025-4.0.3-GA

Installation root:
    c:\eclipse/ME-4.0.2GA_E3.1ManualInstall

This is running on the same platform as the DB2 UDB…

Thanks
    Venkat

#240818 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Venkat,
    What JDBC driver and version are you using?

Also, to clarify:

I was trying to get the ER model and it would not display the schema once the database connection was established. Got the error message when I tried to edit “database profile” and in the “display the selected schema” tried to add…

When you right click on the DB and try and generate an ER Diagram, you got a popup with the error above?

#240845 Reply

venkat

I have the following jar files included in the driver lib:

db2jcc
    db2jcc_license_cisuz
    db2jcc_license_cu

I am not sure how to find the driver version. May be you could help me out with this. This came with the DB2 V 8.1 for windows xp. I had no other database/older version of DB2 installed on my machine.

I did figure out the log file in the workspace under .metadata/TextDocument.log. I think the problem is with the catalog table used to get table info. The message is showing SYSIBM.SQLTABLES used instead of SYSIBM.SYSTABLES.

The drivers work because:

1) I am able to connect to the db via db browser
    2) Execute sql on my database

The problem I am having is when I connect to the datasource in my db browser it says it has connected to the datasource but I can not expand to see the schemas and tables under the connection tree structure. In the profile, I did mention display all schemas and when the connection is being established one of the message I get is ‘Reading Database Metadata’.

Here is the log error message:

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 2005-11-04 00:56:16.69
    !MESSAGE Error creating database model
    !STACK 0
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -443, SQLSTATE: 38553, SQLERRMC: SYSIBM.SQLTABLES;TABLES;SYSIBM:CLI:-805
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.hd.d(hd.java:1392)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.jb.l(jb.java:366)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.jb.e(jb.java:102)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.w.e(w.java:72)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.cc.i(cc.java:202)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.hd.q(hd.java:1359)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.id.d(id.java:2336)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.jd.X(jd.java:188)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.t.a(t.java:7820)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.t.Wd(t.java:6416)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.t.getSchemas(t.java:6344)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(SQLDatabaseMetaData.java:242)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.DatabaseModel.initializeMetaData(DatabaseModel.java:69)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.DatabaseModel.<init>(DatabaseModel.java:44)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.SessionTreeNode.<init>(SessionTreeNode.java:66)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.SessionTreeModel.createSessionTreeNode(SessionTreeModel.java:128)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.RetrievingTableDataProgress$RetrieveData.run(RetrievingTableDataProgress.java:48)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks
    Venkat

#240909 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Venkat,

I’m not entirely sure, but I feel db2jcc_license_cisuz, db2jcc_license_cu might be causing some conflicts (only one of them is needed?), is it possible for you to remove either of them from the driver jar list?

Could you try creating an entirely new connection and see if it works for you? This is just in case there was a glitch somewhere and your original connection was mis-configured.

The problem I am having is when I connect to the datasource in my db browser it says it has connected to the datasource but I can not expand to see the schemas and tables under the connection tree structure.

I’d like to clarify: You cannot see schemas and tables? Or can you see all the schemas but are unable to expand the table nodes? A screenshot of the DB Browser view (if possible) would help us understand exactly what you are experiencing at your end.

Best,
    Brian.

#240912 Reply

venkat

Hi Brian,

I created 3 new driver definition and connection as follows:

1) db2jcc
    db2jcc_license_cisuz
    db2jcc_license_cu

2) db2jcc
    db2jcc_license_cisuz

3) db2jcc
    db2jcc_license_cu

No luck with schema/table nodes on all 3 connections. I can execute queries on all 3 connections successfully.

Regarding the clarification, I am NOT seeing the schemas and hence NO table (or other db object) tree node. I have the screenshot but am having difficult inserting it in my reply to you. Please advice… The screenshot file is in my machine @ c:\myDB2Browser.bmp.

My concern here is that the SQL used to get the schema is WRONG (SYSIBM.SQLTABLES). I don’t believe IBM DB2 supplied drivers would have wrong reference to the catalog tables. How is the metadata defined and accessed for different database?

Regards
    Venkat

http://c:\myDB2Browser.bmp

#240914 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Venkat,

You can email your screenshot to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian.

You mentioned earlier that you’re using the driver that was shipped with DB2 v8.2. I assume you are using the save version of the database as well?

Your observation about the wrong table being used is noted, we will investigate the matter shortly.

Best,
    Brian.

#250639 Reply

tmalvey

Hi. I’m having the same problem. Can someone tell me if this issue ever resolved?

Thanks for any help.

#250642 Reply

Haris Peco

tmalvey ,

Please start new thread and send us your os, database and myeclipse version and log error view (Windows-Preferences-Other-PDE Runtime-Error log View)

Best

#250729 Reply

After upgrading your server to DB2® Universal Database™ (DB2 UDB) Version 8.1 FixPak 10 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 3), you will encounter an SQL0443N error if invoking a DB2 Call Level Interface (CLI) catalog function (such as SQLTables(), SQLColumns(), or SQLStatistics()).

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21215626

As documented in the FixPak Readme file for DB2 Version 8.1 FixPak 10, you will need to bind the db2schema.bnd file against each database, as follows:

At a command prompt:

db2 terminate
    db2 connect to <database-name>
    db2 bind <path>/db2schema.bnd blocking all grant public sqlerror continue
    db2 terminate

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Error accessing DB2 UDB metadata

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in