facebook

Error when activating code completion

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

beleta1
    Participant

After installing Codemix 3 (3.0.0.201902142200) on Eclipse 03-2019 I am getting the following error when pressing ctrl-space to activate code completion.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2019-04-02 00:57:48.659
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: WHITESPACE
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core.engine.model.SuggestionResult.getLeadingWord(SuggestionResult.java:30)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.contentassist.ContentAssistControl.setSuggestions(ContentAssistControl.java:119)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.contentassist.ContentAssist.open(ContentAssist.java:24)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.editor.CodeEditor.openContentAssist(CodeEditor.java:670)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.editor.IncomingEventsQueue.lambda$1(IncomingEventsQueue.java:62)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.editor.IncomingEventsQueue.processEvents(IncomingEventsQueue.java:164)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.editor.IncomingEventsQueue.processQueue(IncomingEventsQueue.java:158)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui.editor.IncomingEventsQueue.lambda$0(IncomingEventsQueue.java:53)

And Codemix keeps saying: Loading…

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by beleta1.
    #611920 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to hear it isn’t working out of the box – we don’t have any known issues with this version of Eclipse. I’m assuming this happens across editor re-opens and IDE restarts? I have a few questions:

1) What language is this?
    2) Does it happen only for this project, or do you get content assist for the same language in other projects?
    3) Does it fail for other languages too? (JavaScript, HTML, TypeScript)
    4) Could you please send us the entire error log? [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log
    5) What base distribution of Eclipse is this (JEE, JavaScript, Java, etc.)

Hope we’re able to quickly get to the bottom of this – we have a CodeMix release coming up and would love to get a fix in.

#611941 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

I’ll try to answer your questions:

0) Yes it happens across editor re-opens and IDE restart, but only in a MAC computer. On Windows it works with no problem. I even started the IDE with the -clean parameter with no success.
    1) TypeScript
    2) It happens for any project.
    3) It happens for HTML too. No other languages tested.
    4) I am including it.
    5) JEE

Regards.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by beleta1.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #611950 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you – I think we’ve figured it out. It’s likely that you have installed some additional plugins (only on Mac), beside CodeMix, which have brought with them a newer version of the com.google.guava plugin … which does not contain the WHITESPACE field.

Can you let us know what additional plugins you’ve installed? You could so hop-in to the Live Chat and we can analyze your installation there.

While fixing the issue is straightforward, we’re investigating the best way in which we can deliver it to you. Thank you for the timely report!

#611961 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

I’ll try to find out what happened later because now I have no access to my Mac. I’ll come back here.

#611967 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Yes, I had a plugin named com.google.guava_26.0.0.jre that I don’t know which feature installed it. I removed it and now things go fine.

#612006 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glad that helped you fix it, thank you for letting us know – we’ll be making the fix in the next version of CodeMix so it should work with more recent versions of guava too.

#612093 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello @beleta1, I’m happy to announce we fixed this issue and now we support more recent versions of guava. This and other fixes and improvements will be available next week in our next CodeMix release. We have a pre-release build available and it would be really hepful if you could give it a try to confirm the issues are resolved.and

To use the preview release, follow these steps:

1. Add the following line to Eclipse/configuration/config.ini
    com.genuitec.code.manifest.url=http\://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/prerelease/codemix.json
    2. Restart Eclipse
    3. An update will be detected as shown bottom left — when the update is applied, click the Restart icon to reload Eclipse with the prerelease version of CodeMix

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Error when activating code completion

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in