facebook

Error when trying to edit data

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sofistek
    Participant

I just installed 5.0 M2, on top of a fresh eclipse 3.2 installation in Windows XP. I tried Database Explorer, as I hadn’t used it in a while. When trying to edit data in a table, I now get a pane that allows me to enter a where clause, which is great except that it doesn’t work. As soon as the pane opens, or whenever I try to apply a where condition, the following error is shown at the bottow of the pane:

Error: not valid sql statement: Invalid scale size. Cannot be less than zero

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug? I tried setting the Disable Row Limit on SQL Execution preference (I’d seen reference to this in an old forum entry) but it makes no difference.

Tony

#254742 Reply

Haris Peco

Tony,

Please, can you send database and jdbc driver version and ddl for your table – you can got ddl if you call ‘Generate ddl ..’ for your table in Myeclipse

Thanks

#258404 Reply

sanjayrao

Hi Tony,

Even i am getting the same Error in same environment , are you able to solve it ?

if so , kindly post the solution for the same

Regards

Sanjay

#263602 Reply

Martin

Hi,
    I have the same problem when executing “Edit table”, while select and other statements are working quite well. I’m using MyEclipse Version: 5.1.0 GA, Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA, from the complete installer with eclipse 3.2.1, on Windows XP, Oracle Thin Driver 10.0.1.4. on all table, e.g. on this one:

create table "PROSI"."METEST"(
        "ID" NUMBER not null,
       "METEST" VARCHAR2(200),
        constraint "PK_METEST" primary key ("ID")
    );
    #263603 Reply

Martin

Hi,
    I have the same problem when executing “Edit table”, while select and other statements are working quite well. I’m using MyEclipse Version: 5.1.0 GA, Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA, from the complete installer with eclipse 3.2.1, on Windows XP, Oracle Thin Driver 10.0.1.4. on all table, e.g. on this one:

create table "PROSI"."METEST"(
        "ID" NUMBER not null,
       "METEST" VARCHAR2(200),
        constraint "PK_METEST" primary key ("ID")
    );
    #263622 Reply

Haris Peco

monsorno,

I have tried your case with different driver and it works fine in 5.1.0.Can you send me configuration details
    (Help>About Eclipse SDK>Configurations Details and paste contents of dialog) and error log
    (Help>About Eclipse SDK>Configurations Details-View Error Log)

Thanks,

#263678 Reply

Haris Peco

Martin,

I have received your log and the problem is stupid Oracle jdbc bug – Oracle jdbc driver return negative values for scale of NUMBER type (when you don’t specify length or precision) and then complain ‘why scale is negative’.
    We have made workaround and it will be able in next releases.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

#263701 Reply

Haris Peco

Martin,

You can use temporary workaround for this issue (until next MyEclipse release) :

Define table like this :

create table “TEST”.”METEST”(
    “ID” NUMBER(10,2) not null,
    “METEST” VARCHAR2(200),
    constraint “PK_METEST” primary key (“ID”)
    );

You can use NUMBER(x) or NUMBER(x,y).The bug exists only for NUMBER (without scale and precision)

Regards

#263806 Reply

Martin

Thanks for the prompt report. When setting the precision everything works quite well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Error when trying to edit data

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in