facebook

Errors creating web service from WSDL with MyEclipse 5.5 M1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wagles

I am creating a web service starting with a WSDL.

I created a Web Services Project but the generated client code has compilation errors.

It is giving errors for importing several classes from package org.codehaus. E.g. import org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException;

Below are the libraries on the project build path:
    XFire 1.2 Core Libraries
    XFire 1.2 HTTP Client Libraries
    XFire 1.2 JAXB2 Libraries

Am I doing something wrong or is MyEclipse 5.5 M1 is not properly including/configuring XFire libraries.

#266309 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Strange. Can you open your build path and make sure none of your libraries have warning or error markers next to them? The second thing to check is to go to Window > prefs > MyEclipse > Project Capabilities > Web Services, and use the Restore Defaults button to make sure all the right values are in place. Sometimes when you upgrade from previous versions, the old paths will still be kept even though all the JARs are in new locations.

#266327 Reply

wagles

That seems to be it.

The XFire 1.2 Core libraries was missing a few jars. Once I did ‘restore defaults’, the missing jars appeared. There was nothing wrong with the path names though. The prior path names were always pointing to the 5.5 M1 paths.

It is interesting that this happened at all as I had not altered the XFire libraries in 5.1.0 GA which was the MyEclipse version I was working with before.

#266331 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I think we made some changes to the XFire libs as well as updated them, that’s probably what caused the wonkiness until you hit Restore Defaults.

Glad it’s working now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Errors creating web service from WSDL with MyEclipse 5.5 M1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in