facebook

Exceptions when starting JBoss v4.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

whmanutd

Dear Sir/Madam,

I just downloaded the JBoss v4.0, and tried to replace the existing JBoss v4.0 RC2. It was weired that I couldn’t start JBoss v4 from MyEclipse (version 3.8.1).

When I started the JBoss, there were some error messages like:

16:01:23,107 ERROR [BaseModelMBean] Exception invoking method addChild
    javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:99)
    at org.apache.commons.modeler.util.DomUtil.readXml(DomUtil.java:284)
    ….

I guess it was about classpath, and put all the related jar files in the classpath (like crimson.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xerces-apis.jar…), but still got the same error message.

It was so strange, everything was so fine when worked with JBoss 4.0 RC1, or RC2.

Any hints?

Thank you very much, and have a nice day!

Jian

#215714 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jian,

It’s likely a problem with the default setting to use crimson instead of xerces. This thread should help:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3213-highlight-jboss+xerces+crimson.html

#215716 Reply

whmanutd

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I have already tested both “xerces” and “crimson” in the connector settings. Both lead to the same error message. I was very confused.

Also I am wondering if anyone has made MyEclipse v3.8.1 working with JBoss v4.0 (the most recent release)? If no existing successful experience, then we will roll back to JBoss v4.0 RC2.

Thanks,

Jian

#215730 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jian,

The 4.0 release is rather new. I’ll test with it this morning and see if there’s a problem.

#215806 Reply

Had the same problem as Jian

Any fix

Bkabs

#215809 Reply

Bayerischer

No problems here. I’m working with JBoss 4.0 for 4 days now and had no problems to deploy to it from MyEclipse 3.8.1/Eclipse 3.0.1RC.

Florian.

#215820 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys, JBoss team changed something between the RCs and 4.0 final, we had to update our connector but its fixed internally and will be released with 3.8.2. However the fix breaks compatibility with pre-releases (RC releases) of JBoss… so Florian if you are running an RC build of JBoss 4, the update will likely requiret you to update to JBoss final.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Exceptions when starting JBoss v4.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in