facebook

executing ddl from sql file

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scott Cote

I am trying to create an index using ddl from within MyEclipse but am getting errors when I execute the command.

Here are the details:

1. The DDL was created (scripted) from Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and then “pasted” into an empty sql file (inside the MyEclipse IDE).

2. The connection drop down item list was selected, the catalog was selected, and the command seperator (GO) was selected.

If I only highlight the actual command and do NOT highlight the “GO”, then the command will execute, but that is not satisfactory for me because I want to run more than one command from the script.

Below is an extract from the script that is sufficient to demonstrate my problem:

CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IxResourceCustomerEmployerIdNumber] ON [dbo].[RMG_RESOURCE]
    (
    [RSR_CUSTOMER_EMPLOYEE_ID_NUMBER] ASC
    )WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
    GO

I need to be able to run the script without individually highlighting the “create” statements.
    What am I missing?

SCott

#296444 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Scott,

You need to use “go” and not “GO”, or you could type “GO” in the drop down instead.
    I’ll have the DB team look into the case sensitivity in this case..

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I hope that helps.

#300802 Reply

zlatan24

Some days ago I found in global network next software-mdf recovery tool,tool helped me in diffifcult situation,it was free as far as I know,moreover program can repair data from corrupted databases in the MS SQL Server format (files with the *.mdf extension),supports data extraction via the local area network,can save recovered data as SQL scripts.

#301868 Reply

Scott Cote

Thanks. I am a java programmer and a database developer. Would be happy to try out new database features as they are create. I can catch missed things like this :upper case go versus lower case go, use of the dbo schema in sql server, etc.

#304483 Reply

zlatan24

@scottccote wrote:

I am trying to create an index using ddl from within MyEclipse but am getting errors when I execute the command.

Here are the details:

1. The DDL was created (scripted) from Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and then “pasted” into an empty sql file (inside the MyEclipse IDE).

2. The connection drop down item list was selected, the catalog was selected, and the command seperator (GO) was selected.

If I only highlight the actual command and do NOT highlight the “GO”, then the command will execute, but that is not satisfactory for me because I want to run more than one command from the script.

Below is an extract from the script that is sufficient to demonstrate my problem:

CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IxResourceCustomerEmployerIdNumber] ON [dbo].[RMG_RESOURCE]
    (
    [RSR_CUSTOMER_EMPLOYEE_ID_NUMBER] ASC
    )WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
    GO

I need to be able to run the script without individually highlighting the “create” statements.
    What am I missing?

SCott

Some days ago I had a lot of problems with sql server and files too.But to my surprise a friend advised me-repair for .mdf.Software helped me in 20 seconds and for free.Besides application showed me how it estore the entire database, the main data file (mdf format) and all secondary data files (ndf format) should be analyzed by .mdf file repair tool.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: executing ddl from sql file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in