facebook

Export As JPEG error: No more Handles

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brenner

I got following error messages in a dialog when I try to export an ERM to a JPEG.
    Error exporting image.
    Reason: No more Handles

Is there another way to convert the ERM to a image? Or can I change some settings to avoid the error?

Thx

Steve

PS: The DB schema contains many tables.

#234156 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The problem is the size of the image, there are platform limitations to the size of image that can be written out, and if your diagram is too large, this is it.

The current workaround is to install a PDF printer and print the image to a PDF, we appologize for this hack but until we can determine a better method of working around the size limit this seeems to work fairly well (and provide an imagine in a easily usable/printable format).

#238549 Reply

MaggieL

I have the same problem with the Struts diagramming tool. This is a headache…after all, you don’t need diagrams so much for *small* Struts projects. I’m trying to cope with what happens to the text on the boxes on my screen when they get below a certain size…it goes grey and blurry; looks like it’s been prematurely rasterized before scaling.

Some sort of subsetting facility, or the ability to export the diagram (or subtrees of it) to other diagramming tools (to yEd via GraphML or GML, for example) would be very welcome, if the Eclipse graphics toolkit isn’t suited to this job.

I’m evaluating MyEclipse exactly because I needed a way to cope with a large Struts project; but if this is an example of what lies ahead (“your project is too large…it’s the platform’s fault”) I’ll go back to a pure Java toolset.

#259150 Reply

Jörg Zintel

isn’t it possible to increase the memory settings somewhere? My Laptop has 2 GB which should be fine

#259170 Reply

Riyad Kalla
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Export As JPEG error: No more Handles

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in